Prepare for a career in management-related fields with a degree in business management.
The online business management degree gives you the flexibility needed to balance your work, school, and home life. You’ll have 24/7 access to course materials, giving you the freedom to work from anywhere at any time.
As an online business management student, you’ll learn:
Management skills. Classes focus the skills you’ll needs as a manager, such as: on human resources management, communication, problem solving, business ethics and social responsibility.
Business operations. Learn how to effective organize, lead, and control business operations.
Functional areas of business. You’ll gain a general understating of accounting and financial methods, marketing, and the international role and impact on business.
Upon completion of your associate degree, you’ll have the option to pursue a bachelor’s degree in business administration: management.
Why choose an online degree?
- Accessible online anywhere in the world
- Flexible scheduling – take classes on a part-time or full-time basis
- Continue to work and be at home with your family
- Transfer-friendly programs shorten time to complete your degree
- In-state tuition rate for all students, regardless of residency
- Same rigor as on-campus programs
- Regional accreditation plus professional accreditations by program (e.g., ACBSP, ATMAE, CAHIIM, CODA)
- One-on-one interaction with faculty
- Online tutoring
- Textbooks and course materials available for purchase online through The College Store
- Graduates can participate in Commencement
- Classes delivered asynchronously through P.L.A.T.O. (Platform for Learning And Teaching Online)
- No required campus visits
- Application/Major Code: BO – view in catalog
- School: Business & Hospitality
- Degree Type: Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
- Total Credits: 62
Out-of-State Resident Tuition
- Out-of-state students enrolled in an online degree program will receive the in-state tuition rate.
About the curriculum
View the classes you will be attending in the College Catalog.
Accreditation & Industry Connections
The Accounting and Business programs have been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Entry-level management trainee positions in manufacturing, retailing, banking, insurance, marketing, and government.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for first-line supervisors of retail sales workers was $39,630 in May 2018. The top 10 percent earned more than $69,290.
Industries with the highest published employment for this occupation are:
|Industry||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage|
|General Merchandise Stores||241,380||$20.21||$42,030|
|Food and Beverage Stores (4451 and 4452 only)||152,790||$21.47||$44,660|
|Building Material and Supplies Dealers||81,400||$22.74||$47,310|
Statistics reported in May 2018
This major is subject to the transfer standards established by the College (see http://www.pct.edu/catalog/TransferringCredits ). Exceptions must be approved by the school dean.
Clubs & Activities
Phi Theta Kappa (ΦΘΚ)
Student Government Association (SGA)
Student-managed Investment Fund
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Delta Mu Delta
Business Administration Advisory Committee
- Mr. Chris W Frantz, '05, Executive Director of Marketing & Sales, Savoy Contract Furniture
- Ms. Alexandra M Lehman, '18, Event Management Specialist, Susquehanna University
- Mr. Mickey C Locey, '91, President/Co-founder, mXtr Automation
- Ms. Valerie Reynolds, Owner, My Way Media
- Mr. Samuel R Ryder, Vice President - Business Banking, First National Bank
- Mr. Gabe Sinicropi, Jr., Vice President Marketing & Public Relations, Williamsport Crosscutters
- Mr. Ray Thompson, President, Supply Source Inc.
- Mr. John Yogodzinski, III, '07, Executive Director/Board President, Arthaus Projects
Advisory committees, which act as recommending bodies to the faculty and administration, consist of in-field professionals who act as partners in the development of curriculum. Their curricular and equipment advice as well as their industry connections and internship opportunities are invaluable to our students and to the growth of our institution.