Healthcare Leadership & Administration, Online
Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.)
Starting Fall 2024
About this program
Build on your healthcare-related associate degree or U.S. credential with a bachelor’s in Healthcare Leadership & Administration. Our curriculum will help you gain the leadership skills needed to expand your opportunities within or beyond your clinical role. Designed for working adults, this 100% online program can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis. You get the flexibility you need to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
The best part is that we’ll maximize your prior college credits. Many students with an associate’s degree need 55 or fewer credits to earn their bachelor’s degree.
The Healthcare Leadership & Administration program will replace the current Applied Health Studies program beginning Fall 2024. Those interested in the new curriculum, but who want to enroll prior to Fall 2024, are encouraged to contact the School of Nursing & Health Sciences to discuss how to begin coursework earlier.
Still working on your associate’s degree?
Those who are currently enrolled in a qualified healthcare-related associate’s degree can opt for concurrent enrollment in Healthcare Leadership & Administration. This is a great way to get a head-start on your bachelor’s degree, which will expand your job opportunities and salary potential.
ALL APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE THE IN-STATE TUITION RATE, REGARDLESS OF RESIDENCY.
- Expand clinical roles with positions in:
- Public health
- Preparation for master’s or pre-medical studies
At Penn College, we believe your educational experience should go beyond specialized skills. Real-world ready means taking a broader approach that builds communication skills, inspires collaboration, and encourages exploration of arts, history, and science.
Specialization requires in-depth knowledge and high-level proficiency. Students learn and apply major-specific concepts, skills, and methods.
- Medical Practice Administration (HTH311)
- Healthcare for Aging Populations (HTH313)
- Application of Teaching & Learning Styles in the Allied Health Professions (HTH321)
- Healthcare Delivery Systems (HTH325)
- Quality Assurance in Healthcare (HTH338)
- Leading Multidisciplinary Healthcare Teams (HTH378)
- Ethical & Legal Issues Related to Medicine (HTH382)
- Leadership of Healthcare Delivery Systems (HTH442)
- Senior Capstone (HTH497)
- Healthcare Leadership & Administration Electives (HLA) (2 required)
Perspectives are points of view, offering a variety of ways of understanding, interacting, and influencing the world. Students identify, explain, and utilize the approaches used by academics and professionals to study, analyze, or understand problems, and offer solutions.
Foundations are the practical, intellectual, and social skills: communication, collaboration, critical and ethical thinking, quantitative thinking, and technological literacy that are crucial to every student at every stage of education and at every stage of life.
Already have professional credentials or current licensure in a healthcare field?
Check out the credential/licensure chart to see if your credential or licensure qualifies for college credit.
Penn College Transfer Student Scholarship
Available to students transferring to Penn College for their bachelor's degree.
John J. Messer Memorial Scholarship
Available to full- or part-time students enrolled in a Nursing & Health Sciences major.
Check Out All 350+ Scholarship Opportunities
As a Penn College student, you can put your name in the running for all types of scholarships.
Learning that fits your lifestyle
- Accessible online anywhere in the world
- Flexible scheduling – take classes part-time or full-time
- Continue to work and be at home with your family
- Transfer-friendly programs shorten time to complete your degree
- In-state tuition rate for all students, regardless of residency
- Same rigor as on-campus programs
- One-on-one interaction with faculty
- 24/7 online tutoring
- Textbooks and course materials available for purchase online through The College Store
- Graduates can participate in Commencement
- Classes delivered asynchronously through P.L.A.T.O., Penn College's Platform for Learning And Teaching Online
- No required campus visits
We're here to help
The way we see it, applying shouldn't be your most difficult college assignment. Our admissions counselors specialize in situations like yours – we'll talk you through the process. Or, if you have program-specific questions, connect with the program department head.