You’re Wildcat ready. Let’s keep the momentum going.
Apply for financial aid Track your progress on SIS
Most Penn College students receive one or more types of financial aid (grants, scholarships, or loans).
Apply to see the types and amount of aid for which you qualify. Follow the Financial Aid Application Process steps to:
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the Penn College Scholarship application.
- Learn more about loan options.
- Confirm the dates when applications open and are due.
Need assistance? Contact the Financial Aid Office at:
- 570-327-4766 or 800-367-9222 (toll-free)
Meet placement requirements Track your progress on SIS
Placement is a skills evaluation process used to determine your level of readiness for college-level courses.
We will evaluate your skills in math, reading, and English. The results will allow us to place you into first-semester courses that match your skill level, positioning you for academic success. You may meet placement requirements in one or any combination of the following ways:
- Satisfactory placement test results
- Qualifying SAT/ACT scores
- Transferred courses from other colleges
Make living arrangements Track your progress on SIS
If you prefer to live in an off-campus apartment or to commute from home, off-campus living & commuter services are available.
Attend your advising session Track your progress on SIS
Advising is important to your academic preparation for Penn College.
At your session you will receive:
- A detailed explanation of your placement
- An explanation of the scheduling process
- An overview of options for satisfying any developmental needs
- A review of your major’s academic rigor and expectations
- An opportunity to meet individually with faculty or staff from your major
Academic Services will notify you when it is time to register for your advising session.
Review your schedule Track your progress on SIS
After you have met placement requirements, the Academic Services office will create your first-semester schedule for you, guided by the following factors:
- The requirements of your curriculum and recommendations of your academic school
- Your placement results
- Transferred courses, if applicable
- Alternative credit such as advanced placement.
We will notify you by email when your schedule has been completed and is ready for you to view on SIS.
Attend Connections Track your progress on SIS
Pay your bill Track your progress on SIS
Your bill will be available for your review on SIS.
You will receive an email at your Penn College account when your electronic bill (eBill) is ready. Pay your bill by the deadline to avoid late fees.
See Bursar for more information.
Get books and supplies Track your progress on SIS
The materials you need for your first semester will be determined by your class schedule.
You can access book requirements for each class from your schedule on SIS. Tools, uniforms, equipment, and special supplies (if needed) are listed on your major’s web page. Books, tools, supplies, and uniforms are available for purchase at The College Store.
Attend Welcome Weekend [Fall Only] Track your progress on SIS
Welcome Weekend takes place the weekend before the start of classes. It is your official welcome to Penn College.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Move into campus or off-campus housing
- Purchase books and supplies at The College Store
- Take care of last-minute business
- Meet other students and their families
- Kick off the start of the new semester
We’ll help you through it! Contact your personal Admissions Counselor.