- Ph.D., Economics - University of Houston, University Park, Houston, Texas, 1986
- Dissertation: "The Purchase Power Parity Theory and The Developing Countries"
- M.A., Development Economics - Center for Development Economics, Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts, 1981
- M.A., Economics - University of Dacca, Bangladesh, 1974
- B.A. (Honors), Economics - University of Dacca, Dacca, Bangladesh, 1972
- Grant of International Business and Education - U.S. Department of Education, 1989-1990
- Grant for Developing Modules fo rMacroeconomics and Forest Land Management - Pennsylvania College of Technology
- World Bank Fellowship to do higher student is Development Economics - Williams College, 1980
Abdul Pathan holds a Ph. D. in Economics from University of Houston as well as two Master's degrees, one from Dhaka University and one from Williams College in Massachusetts. His areas of expertise include: international economics, macro and microeconomics, economics education, and development economics. Dr. Pathan has presented numerous papers at various national and international conferences and has been published in various conference proceedings.