This is an online major. Therefore, students must have access to a reliable computer and internet.
- Laptop Computer Required
- Windows 10 or higher, macOS 11 or higher (recommended)
- Intel Core i5 or i7 (generation 10 or higher) processor (recommended)
- 8+ GB RAM (recommended)
- 250+ GB Solid State Disk (SSD) drive (recommended)
- Laptop must include a webcam and microphone (required)
- Laptop must include a wireless network card (required)
- Broadband Internet connection when working off campus (required)
- Additional plug-ins may be required (Information Technology Services - Service Desk available for assistance)
- Chromebooks and other devices running ChromeOS are prohibited
P.L.A.T.O. (Platform for Learning and Teaching Online) is Penn College's implementation of Desire2Learn/Brightspace LMS. It is a Web-based course management system that allows instructors to post course materials online, facilitate course communication, gauge student progress, and extend learning beyond the classroom.
The fully supported browsers for PLATO are: Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari
Some items are available for purchase through The College Store.