About this program
Reach for new opportunities by pursuing your bachelor’s degree in nursing. Endorsed by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, this 100% online program is designed with flexible scheduling for the working professional. Courses are delivered by master’s- and doctoral-prepared nurses with the same rigor as on-campus options and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis.
Acceptance in this major is based upon additional requirements beyond College admission.
- Hospital acute care settings
- Home health agencies
- State and federal facilities
- Long-term care facilities
- Physician/surgeon/dentist offices
At Penn College, we believe your educational experience should go beyond specialized skills. Real-world ready means taking a broader approach that builds communication skills, inspires collaboration, and encourages exploration of arts, history, and science.
Specialization requires in-depth knowledge and high-level proficiency. Students learn and apply major-specific concepts, skills, and methods.
- Orientation for the BSN student (NUR001)
- The Philosophy of Professional Nursing (NUR311)
- Teaching and Learning Concepts and Strategies (NUR353)
- Directed Nursing Elective (NUR)
- Nursing in an Aging Society (NUR315)
- Community Health Nursing for the Practicing RN (NUR329)
- Evaluating Professional Nursing Practice (NUR414)
- Research and Theory in Clinical Practice (NUR494)
- Fundamentals of Nutrition (NUR250)
- Leadership and Management for the Practicing RN (NUR466)
Perspectives are points of view, offering a variety of ways of understanding, interacting, and influencing the world. Students identify, explain, and utilize the approaches used by academics and professionals to study, analyze, or understand problems, and offer solutions.
Foundations are the practical, intellectual, and social skills: communication, collaboration, critical and ethical thinking, quantitative thinking, and technological literacy that are crucial to every student at every stage of education and at every stage of life.
- Credentials Proven by License (NUR304)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I (BIO115)
- English Composition I (ENL111)
- General Psychology (PSY111)
- English Composition II (ENL121) or
- Technical and Professional Communication (ENL201)
- Developmental Psychology (PSY203)
- Introduction to Sociology (SOC111)
- Information, Technology, and Society (CSC124)
- Topics in Mathematics (MTH153) or
- Elementary Statistics with Computer Applications (MTH160)
- Fundamentals of Speech (SPC101) or
- Fundamentals of Small Group Communication (SPC102) or
- Interpersonal Communication (SPC201)
Learning that fits your lifestyle
- Accessible online anywhere in the world
- Flexible scheduling – take as many or as few classes you want each semester
- Continue to work and be at home with your family
- In-state tuition rate for all students, regardless of residency
- Same rigor as on-campus programs
- Many employers offer tuition reimbursement - check with yours to see if you qualify
- Transfer-friendly programs shorten time to complete your degree
- Classes delivered asynchronously through P.L.A.T.O., Penn College's Platform for Learning And Teaching Online
- 100% online - no required campus visits
Work with experts to become an expert
Penn College's strong partnerships impact every step of your journey – from your first day in the classroom and labs, to career placement (oftentimes before graduation) and beyond.
Follow your passion
Competency Credential Online
Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.) Online
Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.) Online
College part of Chamber’s industry tour for educators
School counselors, along with career and technical educators, included Penn College on a Monday tour of the area’s ...
Penn College presents Excellence in Teaching Award
An Excellence in Teaching Award was presented to a nursing faculty member during Pennsylvania College of Technology’s Summer ...
Nursing alumna receives Mentorship Award
Pennsylvania College of Technology presented a Mentorship Award to alumna Andrea (Niklaus) Reed, director of nursing/patient ...