Non-degree Students

Interested in enrolling in a class or two without committing to a full degree program? We've got you covered.

When it's not the right time for full-time

Whether you just need to complete a specific course or you just want to test-drive a major, we make casual learning easy. Click to expand 1, 2, or 3 below.

You’ll apply using the same application for admission as our degree-seeking students. Just select "Non-degree" for your major on your application.

Apply for Admission

High School Students

Ask your school counselor to submit your current high school transcript if you are in grades 10, 11, or 12 and enrolling as a casual learner.

Where to Have Transcripts Sent
- or -
Admissions, DIF 119
Pennsylvania College of Technology
One College Ave.
Williamsport, PA 17701

Materials can be sent through an electronic sending service like Naviance or SCOIR.

Placement requirements and pre-requisites must be met and are dependent on the courses selected. External college transcripts may be used to meet any necessary placement or pre-req requirements. You'll find out during scheduling with your academic school if you might need to take action.

Learn more

Penn College Dual Enrollment

If you are a high school student applying for Penn College Dual Enrollment, we have a special application for you.

Application Deadlines

We are currently accepting non-degree student applications for Fall 2024.

Key considerations for non-degree study

Up to seven credits per semester

Non-degree students are limited to seven credits of coursework during any one semester.

Placement requirements and pre-requisites

Placement requirements and pre-requisites must be met and are dependent on the courses selected.

Financial aid and scholarships

Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid or Penn College scholarships.

Academic advising

One-on-one advising is provided by each course's academic school.

Review of non-degree status

The College recommends academic school review of non-degree status upon completion of 18 credits.

High school students

High school students wishing to enroll as non-degree must at least be in 10th grade and have a 3.0 high school GPA or higher.

Need an online option?

Search course offerings


  • Accessible online anywhere in the world
  • Flexible scheduling
  • Continue to work and be at home with your family


  • One-on-one interaction with faculty
  • 24/7 online tutoring
  • Textbooks and course materials available for purchase online through The College Store

Class Delivery

  • Classes delivered asynchronously through P.L.A.T.O., Penn College's Learning Management System (LMS)
  • Zoom software promotes live classroom interaction
  • No required campus visits

I'm here to help

Applying shouldn't be your most difficult college assignment. I specialize in situations like yours—I'll talk and walk you through the process.