Thanks to the Military Tuition Assistance Program, more tomorrow makers can find their futures at Penn College. Through this special offering, qualified active military personnel are eligible to pursue college credits tuition free.
About this program
If you’re a licensed dental hygienist, you have a flexible, 100% online pathway to a bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene. Our bachelor’s degree-completion program builds upon your associate’s degree, giving you an opportunity to expand your career options and salary potential. The program is designed to accommodate the needs of working adults and can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis. Online courses mean you can do the work any time of day, allowing you to balance your educational goals with your career and family responsibilities.
Don't have an associate's degree?
If you haven’t completed an associate’s degree, you can enroll in our on-campus Dental Hygiene program and, once selected into the program, may begin working on your associate’s and bachelor’s degrees at the same time. If you’re enrolled in a dental hygiene associate’s degree program at another institution, concurrent enrollment with our bachelor’s degree-completion program is available.
Acceptance in this major is based upon additional requirements beyond College admission.
- Public Health
At Penn College, we believe your educational experience should go beyond specialized skills. Real-world ready means taking a broader approach that builds communication skills, inspires collaboration, and encourages exploration of arts, history, and science.
Specialization requires in-depth knowledge and high-level proficiency. Students learn and apply major-specific concepts, skills, and methods.
- Dental Hygiene Credentials Proven by License (DEN304)
- Issues in Professional Dental Hygiene (DEN301)
- Dental Practice Management (DEN307)
- Principles of Management (MGT115)
- Healthcare Delivery Systems (HTH325)
- Dental Public Health (DEN303)
- Directed Dental Hygiene Elective (DEN)
- United States Health Policymaking (DEN447)
- Dental Hygiene Capstone (DEN495)
- Introduction to Global Health (HTH415)
Perspectives are points of view, offering a variety of ways of understanding, interacting, and influencing the world. Students identify, explain, and utilize the approaches used by academics and professionals to study, analyze, or understand problems, and offer solutions.
Foundations are the practical, intellectual, and social skills: communication, collaboration, critical and ethical thinking, quantitative thinking, and technological literacy that are crucial to every student at every stage of education and at every stage of life.
Already have professional credentials or current licensure in a healthcare field?
Check out the credential/licensure chart to see if your credential or licensure qualifies for college credit.
Seeing is believing.
Think Penn College might be a good fit for you? Make plans to visit and discover what hands-on learning is all about.
Undergraduate Open House
Saturday, February 24 8:30 AM - 3 PM
Undergraduate Open House
Sunday, April 7 8:30 AM - 3 PM
Learning that fits your lifestyle
- Accessible online anywhere in the world
- Flexible scheduling – take classes part-time or full-time
- Continue to work and be at home with your family
- Transfer-friendly programs shorten time to complete your degree
- In-state tuition rate for all students, regardless of residency
- Same rigor as on-campus programs
- Regional accreditation plus professional accreditations by program
- Classes delivered through P.L.A.T.O., Penn College's Platform for Learning And Teaching Online
- No required campus visits
- 100% online
Follow your passion
Penn College News
Students provide $5,000 in free oral care during event
Enlightening senatorial tour leaves nothing 'up in the air'
Students’ hearts, eyes opened through Dominican mission trip
Your knowledge in practice
Internships are key for career preparation. Apply your know-how in the workplace and learn about the industry first-hand. Students may elect to complete an internship as part of their capstone project.
The community as their classroom
Sealant Saturday, a service learning project, allows students to practice their technique while delivering free dental services to community children.