Expand your horizon.
Interested in exploring courses beyond those offered at Penn College? With cross registration through Lycoming College, you can! Dive into all types of courses like foreign language, philosophy, religion, and theatre without leaving Williamsport.
In order to participate, a Penn College student must:
- Be enrolled on a full-time basis in an undergraduate or certificate program.
- Have completed at least one full-time semester at Penn College.
- Have a current graduation GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Have met all prerequisite requirements of the course.
- Verify that the selected cross-registered course meets graduation requirements.
- Take only courses not offered at Penn College.
- Complete the Cross Registration Request Form and obtain the signatures of the academic advisor and the registrars of both colleges. The form is available in the Penn College Registrar's Office, Davie Jane Gilmour Center, Room 1020.
Restrictions & Responsibilities
- Cross registered students are responsible for paying any special laboratory fees or charges.
- During fall and spring semesters, students may take no more than two courses or one half of their semester credit load, whichever is higher, at Lycoming College.
- Penn College students must abide Lycoming College's academic calendar in terms of closures, holidays, etc. for the courses taken at that institution. For example, if Lycoming College is in session while Penn College is on Spring Break, the student is responsible for attending the Lycoming College courses during that period.
Only courses completed with a D- or higher will count toward graduation requirements. Grades earned in Lycoming College courses will count toward the student's semester and cumulative GPA at Penn College.
Ready to learn more?
Contact your academic school or the Registrar’s Office for additional information. Existing students can find details on the Registrar's myPCT Portal site.