Rates are subject to approval by the Board of Directors. Listed rates are for housing costs only and do not include the cost of the required meal plan. In addition to the cost listed below, each student living on campus will pay a $30/semester Residence Life activity fee, which covers the cost of activities offered to students living on campus throughout the semester.
2017-18 Housing Rates
|Unit Type||Students per Unit||Cost*|
|One semester December graduate||4||$3,511|
|Honda PACT/Ford ASSET||4||$1,328|
* Per student, per semester
Summer 2018 Housing Rates
|Minimester *||May 5-25||$360|
|May Five Week||May 13 - June 15||$600|
|June Seven Week||June 17 - August 3||$840|
|June Eight Week||June 10 - August 3||$960|
|Ford ASSET/Honda PACT/Mopar CAP||May 13 - June 22||$720|
|Six Week Automotive Restoration||May 13- June 22||$720|
* Housing for the Minimester is only available to current (Spring 2018) residents.
Meal Plan Costs & Information
All resident students MUST select a board plan as part of their housing contract.
Refund/Reduction of Costs
Students who have completed a housing contract and paid a housing deposit will receive a refund or reduction of costs based upon the following schedule:
Students of “Assigned” status who do not attend Penn College
Students of “Assigned” status who do not attend Penn College receive a full reduction of the housing costs but forfeit the housing deposit. Students must notify the Residence Life Office in writing indicating that they will not be attending Penn College. Students can send this written notification via email to the Residence Life Office.
Students of “Assigned” status who check into on-campus housing and withdraw prior to the end of the contract
- Students who withdraw from the College and check out of on-campus housing on the first day of class receive a full refund of housing cost and the balance of the $100 damage deposit. These students forfeit the housing deposit and the Residence Life Activity Fee.
- Students who withdraw from the College and check-out of on-campus housing after the first day of class but prior to the end of the third week of class receive a 70% reduction of housing costs and the balance of the $100 damage. These students do not receive a refund of the Residence Life Activity Fee.
- Students who withdraw from the College after the third week of classes receive the balance of the $100 damage deposit but do not receive any reduction of housing costs or the Residence Life Activity Fee.
Students Involved in Conduct Cases
- Students who are evicted from on-campus housing receive no reduction of housing costs.
- For students involved in a conduct case, no determination of reduction of housing costs will be made until the conduct case is resolved.
Students who are of “Waiting” status.
Students who are on the waiting list may remove themselves from the list at anytime and receive a full refund of the housing and damage deposit. To be removed from the list, students need to notify the Residence Life Office in writing indicating that they wish to be removed from the waiting list. Students can send this written notification via email to the Residence Life Office.