Penn College Accounting and Business students participate in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. This free service is designed to offer tax assistance to low income individuals and families. Our students are IRS-certified to provide basic tax return preparation and filing.
Visit the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) website for more information about the VITA program.
VITA representatives will be available starting Monday, February 4. Due to high demand the VITA program will stop accepting new clients after Thursday, March 28.
(Note: Student tax returns also done and at no charge)
Questions from IRS after tax return filed? email: email@example.com
Information to Bring for Return Preparation:
- Printed and signed VITA Service Agreement (Copies will also be made available on site.)
- Acceptable Photo Identification (driver's license, passport, state ID card, etc.) for you and your spouse
- For Married Filing Jointly filers, both spouses must be present
- All Forms W-2 and 1099
- Information substantiating other income
- Information substantiating all tax deductions / tax credits
- A copy of last year's tax return
- Proof of account for direct deposit / withdrawal for tax refund / payment
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification notices/cards for you, your spouse, and/or the dependents you claim on the return
- Information substantiating the total paid to day care provider and their Tax ID number
- Birth dates for you, spouse, and/or dependents to be listed on the return
- Forms 1095-A, B, or C (Affordable Care Act [ACA] Statements)
Feb. 4 - Mar. 28, 2019
5 - 8 p.m.
Hours of operation will be used for interview / drop-off of tax return information and pick-up of finalized returns
If the College closes due to weather, VITA is closed also.