100 Miles: The 2023 Regional Juried Exhibition
Call for Entries
Artists working in all media and living within 100 miles of Williamsport, Pennsylvania are invited to apply for the 2023 Regional Juried Exhibition. Deadline for entries is February 28, 2023. The 2023 juror is Elizabeth Gourlay.
- Entry page opens: February 1, 2023
- Deadline for entries: February 28, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- Notification of acceptance: March 20, 2023
- Delivery of accepted work: April 24 – May 5, 2023
- Public Reception: Sunday, June 4, 2023
- Exhibition dates: June 1 – July 20, 2023
The Gallery will be closed July 2 – 5, 2023
- Work available for pick up by artists beginning July 31, 2023
- Work returned to artists (via shipping) beginning July 31, 2023
- 1st place – $750
- 2nd place – $500
- 3rd place – $250
- Honorable Mention - $200
- Artists living within a 100-mile radius of Williamsport, Pennsylvania (straight line distance - click for instructions)
- Age 18+
- Original work completed within the last five years (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Artists may submit up to 3 works
- All media considered
- Work cannot exceed 400 lbs or 60” in any direction
- All work submitted for jurying must be available for exhibition
- All work must remain on exhibit until the end of the exhibit, July 20, 2023
- Only juror accepted work will be exhibited; no substitutions
- Accepted work must be professionally presented and installation-ready: wired and framed. Any objects containing varnish or polyurethane must be cured for a minimum of six weeks prior to delivery.
The Gallery reserves the right to return work that is not of acceptable quality, differs significantly from the images submitted, is not original, is not installation ready, or is deemed unstable.
$15 for up to three entries (non-refundable). Entry fees may be paid online or by check made payable to Penn College and mailed to The Gallery at Penn College, DIF 68, One College Avenue, Williamsport, PA 17701
Entry of artwork and payment of entry fee do not guarantee acceptance into exhibit. Not all works will be accepted and you will be notified if your works have been accepted by March 20, 2023.
Delivery and Shipping
Accepted artwork must be received by May 5, 2023.
Artists are responsible for delivery and pickup of artwork and any associated shipping costs. We prefer Fed-Ex or UPS. Include a return shipping label with your box. Artwork shipped to the Gallery will be returned beginning July 26, 2023. Art should be sent in sturdy, reusable containers for safe shipping.
Artwork may be hand-delivered during open Gallery hours. You will be sent details with your acceptance letter. Work can be picked up beginning July 25, 2023 and must be retrieved by September 15, 2023.
All artwork must be delivered between April 24 – May 5, 2023.
Artwork may be for display/exhibition only or for sale at the sole discretion of the artist. The Gallery at Penn College will not transact the sale of any work, but will make prices available upon request. No commission will be collected, and buyers will be referred to the artist. All work must remain in the gallery until the end of the exhibition.
How to Apply
Review the preparation instructions below, then apply online by clicking the Enter button at bottom of page.
The submission period has ended. The deadline for entries was February 28, 2023.
Preparing your submission for upload
The following information is required for each uploaded work on the online form:
title, date, medium, dimensions, optional: short description of work.
Up to three original works may be submitted per artist. Up to two details/alternate views may be submitted per piece, therefore an artist may upload up to nine files.
- Files must be under 3MB each
- JPG or JPEG format only.
- Suggested minimum file size: 72 dpi, 1000 x 1000 pixels
Use last name, entry number, and condensed title. Use no spaces or commas; use underscores between words as follows
- Primary image: LastName_Entry#_Title.jpg
Example entry 1: Smith_1_GreatEscape.jpg
Example entry 2: Smith_2_Magical.jpg
- Details: LastName_Entry#_TITLE_Detail#.jpg
Example entry 1, detail 1: Smith_1_GreatEscape_Detail1.jpg
Example entry 2, detail 2: Smith_2_Magical_Detail2.jpg
Images should accurately represent work. Poor quality images are more likely to be eliminated due to the jurying process; please follow the suggested minimum size above.
All works will be insured against theft and damage at the stated insurance value from the time of their delivery to the time of their departure.
Pennsylvania College of Technology may photograph, digitally distribute, or reproduce the entries for educational, catalogue and publicity purposes, giving credit to the owner.
Our goal is to make the process of jurying efficient and fair. The independent juror will select the works of art to be included in the exhibition from the qualified entries. All work accepted is the result of the decision of the judge based on the merit of each individual submission. We anticipate accepting 50 works for the exhibit.
About our Juror
Elizabeth Gourlay, Juror
After a fellowship at the Yale/Norfolk Summer School of Music and Art, Elizabeth went on to receive a BA with First Class Honors from Edinburgh College of Art in Scotland and an MFA in Painting from Yale University School of Art. Her work has been shown extensively throughout the United States and she is the recipient of numerous residencies, fellowships and awards including 2 Individual Artists Grants from the Connecticut Office of the Arts. Gourlay’s work has been written about in The New Criterion, Painters’ Table, Gorky’s Granddaughter, and In Their Studios, to name a few.
Gourlay’s work is shown nationally and internationally, most notably at The Drawing Center, MASS MoCA, The Cummings Arts Center at Connecticut College, The Hecksher Museum of Art, and The Widener Gallery at Trinity College. Her work is represented by Kenise Barnes Fine Art in Kent, CT and IdeelArt, Paris, France. She teaches Applied Color in Continuing Ed at The Rhode Island School of Design (RISD).
Penny Lutz, Director
If you require a paper entry form to submit an entry on disc, contact the gallery.
The submission period has ended.