Self-identify as an individual with a disability

Placement Testing Accommodation Requests

All students who enroll at Penn College must take tests in reading, math, and English to determine appropriate placement in college level classes. These tests are given throughout the year preceding enrollment.

To be scheduled for accommodated placement testing, you must contact Disability Services after receiving a date through the College Transitions & First Year Initiatives office. Accommodations for placement testing are based on the history of the services and testing accommodations that you received in high school.

Accommodated placement testing dates are posted on the Disability Services home page.

Academic Accommodation Requests

Complete, comprehensive disability documentation for College enrollment must be received by Disability Services in a timely manner. The schedule for the school year is listed below:

Semester Submission Deadlines:

  • June 1, 2020 (for Fall 2020 semester)
  • December 1, 2020 (for Spring 2021 semester)

On-Campus Housing Accommodation Requests

In order to receive on-campus housing accommodations, you need to submit documentation from a qualified professional that supports the request and describes the need for the accommodation to Disability Services.

Transferring Accommodations

Contact the Disability Services Office at the campus you are transferring from and request that your documentation be forwarded to Penn College's Disability Services:

Disability Services, DIF 74
Pennsylvania College of Technology
One College Avenue
Williamsport, PA 17701

Notification of Eligibility

For academic accommodations, you will be notified by mail and Penn College email of eligibility for Disability Services' accommodations and/or services based on the documentation review. You are responsible for contacting the office to schedule an initial appointment with a member of the Disability Services staff. This should occur during the first few weeks of each semester to discuss the need for services and to obtain Course Accommodation Request forms. You are responsible for requesting your course accommodation forms to be sent to your course instructor each semester.