Building re-tuning is a systematic process to identify and correct building operational problems that lead to energy waste. The goal is to identify measures that can be implemented at no or low cost other than the labor required to perform the re-tuning process.
This course was designed for building management, operations and maintenance staff, retro-commissioning agents, and control vendors. Principles and techniques covered in this course have the potential to save between 5% and 25% of all energy used in a commercial building.
Course topics include:
- Understanding the purpose and benefit of building re-tuning
- Utilizing data to diagnose system and mechanical inefficacies
- Techniques for conducting an effective building walkdown
- Quantifying energy conservation measures (ECM)
- Demand management strategies