Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination Exam Performance Summary
ARC-PA Student Attrition Table
Operational Program Goals
- Achieve a first time PANCE pass rate at or above the national average.
- The Penn College Class of 2022 (18 students) achieved a first-time PANCE pass rate of 100%, exceeding the 2022 national first-time taker average of 92%. The Class of 2021 (23 students) scored an 83% first-time PANCE pass rate, which fell below the 2021 national first-time taker average of 93%, and the Class of 2020 (22 students) scored a 95% first-time PANCE pass rate, tying the 2020 national first-time taker average.
- Ninety-four percent of graduates will have a positive placement at six months of graduation.
- 98% of Penn College PA graduates have a positive placement six months of graduation. *
- One hundred percent of students will participate in community service events while in the program.
- Since 2014, 100% of students have participated in community service events while in the program.
- One hundred percent of students will participate in on-campus inter-disciplinary events while in the program.
- Since 2014, 100% of students have participated in on-campus inter-disciplinary events while in the program.
- Maintain full-accreditation with ARC-PA.
- Since the inception in 1996, Pennsylvania College of Technology PA Program has maintained Accreditation-Continued status with ARC-PA, last reaffirmation date September 2017.
*Based on graduate survey data collected by Penn College’s Assessment, Research, and Planning Office (2014-2021).
Instructional Program Goals
A graduate of this major should be able to:
- use the skills necessary to become a certified physician assistant.
- work as a compassionate, ethical, and culturally-competent health care provider.
- communicate professionally with patients, families and other members of the health care team.
- demonstrate the technical skills for patient-centered care, including aspects of evidenced-based medicine, patient education resources, accessibility, and cost effectiveness.
- demonstrate critical thinking, analysis, scientific inquiry, and problem-solving abilities.