The Roger and Peggy Madigan Library, located along Maynard Street, is visible from the Route 180/220 highway. It is situated adjacent to the Alvin C. Bush Campus Center and the Student Administrative Services Center. The Library is a 104,000 square-foot facility which meets the standards of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL).
The library houses a collection of more than 100,000 items in support of the curriculum, including electronic collections supporting the curriculum of about 45 programs.
The library also has online access to more than 34,000 full text periodicals and books in 85 subscription databases.
The mission of the Madigan Library is to support and advance the instructional and research needs of its students, faculty and staff. We do so by building, maintaining, and providing access to collections in all formats, by assisting and instructing our patrons in their use, and by creating a physical environment that enhances the learning process and encourages life-long learning.
- Access Pennsylvania
- American Association for State and Local History (AASLH)
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Associated College Libraries of Central Pennsylvania (ACLCP)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Interlibrary Delivery Service of Pennsylvania (IDS)
- Pennsylvania Library Association (PaLA)
In The Madigan
- 1,000 seats
- Media facilities
- 60 and 40 Seat Computer laboratories
- 14 group study rooms
- Bookmarks Café
- The Gallery at Penn College
- Outdoor reading area
- Archives and Special Collections
- Print volumes: 86,311
- Media volumes: 4,364
- Back issues volumes of periodicals: 9,187
- Print subscriptions: 268
- Database subscriptions: 175
- Online journal titles: 132,585
- Reference volumes: 6,875
- E-books: 71,390
The main library is open 85.5 hours per week during the academic year, including late evening and weekend hours. To get more complete hours for the semester, summer, breaks, and our closures view the Library Hours page.