Penn College electrical students powered their education by employing their skills at a regional park. The 15 second-semester students installed electrical service at Lime Bluff Recreation Area in Hughesville.
Hands-on experience meets community service in the Electrical Construction major at Penn College.
If you're a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in need of electrical work, Electrical Construction students may be able to help.
Here's how it works:
- Students are available from January through April.
- Non-profits must be located in the Greater Williamsport Area.
- Non-profits are responsible for materials; there is no charge for labor.
Think this might be a good fit for your non-profit? Fill out the form below and an Electrical Construction representative will contact you to discuss your project.
- Electrical system troubleshooting
- Equipment installation and relocation
- Lighting and installation, repair, and retrofitting
- Lighting controls
- Motor circuit supply and installations
- Panel installation
- Main service upgrades
- Infrared diagnostic services
- Low voltage and communication wiring
- Energy use surveys and recommendations
- Manufacturing plant and office relocations
- Tenant improvements (Remodel projects)
Past Community Projects
- Installed 120V outlets for TV monitors and installed floor outlets for portable beverage coolers at a VFW.
- Replaced an old fuse panel with a breaker panel and cleaned up code at a local organization.
- Retrofitted 75 fluorescent lights to T-8s at a church daycare.
- Repaired hallway lighting contactors with loose connections at a local organization.
- Designed an electrical system for installing electrical service, lights and outlets at a park.
- Replaced analog meters and replaced/repaired worn out components at a local organization.
- Wired pavilions and panels at a park.
The community as their classroom
Learn all the ins and outs of electrical and automated systems, training in specialized labs using equipment just the pros.
Unsure which major is right for you? See all academic programs at-a-glance.