Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives describe the career and professional accomplishments that graduates, after several years of experience, are prepared to achieve.
The educational objectives of the Civil Engineering Technology program are:
- Technical Adeptness - Graduates will be technically adept in Civil Engineering Technology as well as supporting math and science disciplines, allowing these graduates to assist professional civil engineers in planning, design, and construction of projects. Their technical skills and knowledge will enable them to perform their work duties with a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Interpersonal Skills - Graduates will exhibit appropriate interpersonal skills as demonstrated by effectively working on teams and effectively communicating in the workplace.
- Professionalism - Graduates will exhibit an interest in lifelong learning.
- Awareness of Societal Impact - Graduates will be aware of their professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
Program Goals/Student Outcomes
- apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools to narrowly defined civil engineering technology activities.
- apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to civil engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge.
- conduct standard tests and measurements, and conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments.
- function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined civil engineering technology problems.
- develop an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments, as well as an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- understand the need for and engage in self-directed, continuing professional development.
- demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- exhibit a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Total Enrollment
Enrollment Fall Semester