Our modern design studios have everything you need to design the buildings of tomorrow and reduce negative environmental impacts.
Explore fun and interactive hands-on pre-college programs designed for high school students:
Class sizes range from about 16 to 22 students.
ACE Mentor Program participants are eligible to receive renewable scholarships of $2,000 per year.
The National Science Foundation's Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (S-STEM) program has recognized Penn College's commitment to applied technology education with a $1,000,000 grant. Apply
"I talked myself out of the decision to return to school for 3 or 4 years before I enrolled. At first I felt out of place, but within a week or two, I was at home. I’m working and juggling schoolwork. It’s challenging, but I’m looking forward to retooling my career."
Tom Abernatha, Architectural Technology
"I love my coursework and the opportunities available at Penn College! As a future designer, we have to be creative and yet understand construction. My summer internship has helped me realize all the skills I’ve gained in this program."
"I loved the small classes and the experience of working in a great environment with faculty. My 'educational family' launched me into a great career."
Erica Schreffler, Architectural Technology/Building Science & Sustainable Design
"When I entered the workforce, I knew what I was getting into and was way ahead of the competition. Penn College created a thirst for knowledge and pushed me - never once was being average acceptable!"
James Girafalco, Jr , Architectural Technology/Building Science & Sustainable Design
- computer labs with the latest versions of specialized architectural software, including: AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Studio MAX, Sketchup, Photoshop, Rhinoceros 5
- 5 computer labs with 120 computer seats; with a (nearly) 1:1 ratio of computers to students
- "jury room" for presentations of designs
- sustainability related software, including: Green Building Studio, DOE 2.1, Energy 10, Energy Audit Software;
- studio spaces that combine computer stations and layout tables with designated model-building areas;
- major equipment and building performance evaluation tools, including: PV panels, solar water heaters, wind turbine demonstration unit, blower door, air quality meter, thermal imager, duct blaster, power analyzer, digital light meters.
Watch Framing Lab (360° Video) video Watch Building Science & Sustainable Design with Tyler video Watch Residential Construction with Jon video Watch Residential Construction with Tom video Watch Extreme Makeover with Penn College video