Providing aspiring culinarians with professional skills in leadership, supervision, and culinary preparation to obtain successful careers in the hospitality industry while emphasizing production management, showmanship, and guest service.
- demonstrate culinary theory through execution of food preparation techniques, artistry, and creativity.
- identify and produce Classical, American Regional, and international cuisines, incorporating sustainability concepts.
- establish, encourage, and maintain personal and professional attitudes and appearance standards.
- maintain industry standards of sanitation and safety.
- employ organoleptic analysis to evaluate the tastes of food and beverage.
- plan, execute, and evaluate menus and events.
- employ control systems and techniques, and practice business ethics and fiscal responsibility.
- recognize, differentiate, and implement service philosophies that deliver positive guest experiences.
- employ motivation and problem-solving techniques while supervising a hospitality operation.
- integrate concepts of nutritional health and well-being into menus.
- research and design efficient hospitality operations and equipment layouts.