The Tutoring Center, located in the Klump Academic Center, Room 145, provides academic assistance in math and other technical subjects.
- Walk-in and by-appointment tutoring for math, biology, and chemistry classes
- Walk-in tutoring for a variety of other courses during scheduled hours
- On-site tutoring in various labs on campus and in the Madigan Library
Current students can find additional information about the Tutoring Center on the myPCT Portal.
The Tutoring Center has earned Advanced/Level II Certification from the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA).
Small Group Tutoring
Students meet with a trained tutor in a quiet, distraction-free environment to work on the material for a single course in an identified subject area.
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a study group that is led by a trained professional educator who actually attends the lectures. SI offers additional support to learn material for courses that are typically found to be very difficult for students. The following courses are offered during the fall and spring semesters:
- College Algebra & Trigonometry I (MTH 180)
- Business Statistics (MTH 157), Statistics for Health & Behavioral Sciences (MTH 159) and Statistics for STEM Fields with Computer Applications (MTH 161).
The SI leader reviews material presented in the last lecture and reading materials assigned by the instructor. Students who attend learn the material using various techniques used by the SI leader and also discover that they learn from working together with the other students in the group.
Online Tutoring Service
Students can also receive tutoring in writing, math and statistics, science, computers and technology, business, and Spanish online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through the SMARTHINKING link found on the College's P.L.A.T.O. system. Tutoring in nursing and allied health is also available.