Corporate Tomorrow Makers
"We hold our corporate partnerships in high regard. Trusted collaboration inspires mutually rewarding outcomes. Applied technology education empowers the next generation of highly skilled professionals in a diverse range of career fields. A long-standing tradition - dating back more than 100 years - our partnerships prepare tomorrow’s workforce leaders and foster economic growth and innovation."
Davie Jane Gilmour, Ph.D.
What is Corporate Tomorrow Makers?
Corporate Tomorrow Makers is a comprehensive program to engage corporate partners in a continuum of mutually beneficial partnership possibilities. The categories of collaboration serve as a framework to help companies understand opportunities in all areas of partnership: Explore, Empower, Engage, and Employ. Enrollment is voluntary and the benefits are long lasting.
Benefits to Enrollment & Participation
Corporate Tomorrow Makers receives special recognition and communication through a variety of mediums to many audiences (including students):
- A dedicated website of information and recognition
- A newsletter
- An individualized corporate engagement plan developed in partnership with Corporate Relations
The following partnership opportunities are presented as a way to help Penn College Corporate Relations collaborate more strategically and intentionally with you and your company to increase engagement – ranging from prospective Penn College student recruitment, to Penn College graduate recruitment, continued education, and alumni engagement. Using a checklist framework, we will work with you to develop an individualized partnership plan to maximize all opportunities of our relationship.
- Host a corporate awareness event for local high schools and CTCs
- Host a summer camp for prospective students
- Host an industry exploration event (such as Girl Scout STEM Day)
- Host an Educator-in-the-Workplace event
- Present at local high schools and CTCs
- Participate in pre-apprenticeship programs
- Serve as a role model/mentor/advocate for prospective students exploring careers in your industry or field
- Attend a Penn College Open House or Exploration Day to engage prospective students
- Participate in a Penn College Day for Educators
- Collaborate with Penn College Admissions for prospective student recruitment
- Distribute co-branded materials showcasing career opportunities at your company with a Penn College education
- Refer prospective students to Penn College
- Promote Penn College through company social media
- Encourage Penn College alumni to participate in Alumni Tomorrow Makers
- Establish a recruitment or Legacy scholarship in the company name
- Give or loan equipment
- Name a learning space
- Support a project, program, or student initiative through cash or in-kind gifts
- Encourage soft-skills and leadership development by supporting Penn College student organization and athletics' initiatives, facility enhancement, and teams
- Sponsor prospective student recruitment events
- Provide a toolkit, uniform, books, or other supplies to a Penn College student
- Participate in Education Improvement Tax Credit giving to Penn College
- Support global experiences and provide opportunities for Penn College students to learn, work, and travel abroad
- Engage company employee giving through giving payroll deduction to Penn College
- Promote corporate matching gift programs for employees to give to Penn College
- Provide Penn College students with the opportunity to learn and work with your company while obtaining their degree
- Serve on advisory boards
- Recruit at career fairs
- Host information sessions
- Host a classroom demonstration
- Host field trips to company locations
- Post job/internship opportunities on Career Hub
- Serve as a role model/mentor/advocate for Penn College students exploring careers in your field
- Work with Penn College students for capstone projects
- Support career prep opportunities such as mock interviews, etiquette dinner, and networking receptions
- Hire graduates into fulfilling, challenging, full-time roles with opportunities for advancement
- Develop an enticing summer work/internship program that allows students to work with peers, advances personal and technical skills, and provides benefits leading to full-time employment
- Participate in apprenticeships and/or apprenticeship summit
- Invest in staff training
- Attend professional development workshops
- Develop a professional development growth plan for current employees to earn a Penn College online degree
- Invest in tuition assistance programs
- Offer competitive benefits like relocation packages, signing bonuses, tuition reimbursement, and opportunities to obtain bachelor’s degrees
- Encourage a Penn College alumni corporate affinity group
In Great Company
Corporate Tomorrow Maker Partners
Learn more about our partners by visiting the blue links below.
TE Connectivity donates components to various college majors
An engineering manager at TE Connectivity facilitated the donation of electronic components to a number of instructional areas ...
Employers, students embrace Penn College Career Fair
Pennsylvania College of Technology’s decision to be one of the few benefited many at its recent in-person Fall Career Fair. ...
Gemini KB Systems supports students with scholarship
Gemini KB Systems has established an annual scholarship at Pennsylvania College of Technology for students enrolled in a range ...
PPG Industries continues long-standing support of students
PPG Industries Inc., a Pennsylvania College of Technology partner for more than 35 years, is continuing its support of student ...
Lycoming Engines continues longtime support of students
Lycoming Engines, a decades-long partner of Pennsylvania College of Technology, is once again offering financial support to a ...
Aspen Dental establishes scholarship for dental hygiene students
Aspen Dental Management Inc. is partnering with Pennsylvania College of Technology to establish a new scholarship that provides ...
Homecoming/Parent & Family Weekend 2021
Campus friendships again blossomed at the sunbathed scene of their planting, and parents and siblings – some separated from ...
Ciocca Dealerships Scholarship to benefit automotive students
Ciocca Dealerships has established a scholarship at Pennsylvania College of Technology for students in two- and four-year ...
Penn College hosts PPL Electric Utilities Live Line Electrical Safety Exhibit
PPL Electric Utilities recently offered a Live Line Electrical Safety Exhibit and demonstration for students and first ...
Corporate partner donates industrial robot to Penn College
About 50 Pennsylvania College of Technology engineering and electronics students per year will benefit from a recent addition to ...
Corporate Tomorrow Makers recognizes corporate partners that choose to enhance their engagement. With the spectrum of opportunities to partner, we work with you to develop a plan to more strongly connect with our students and increase the number of potential applicants for your workforce. Please join us.