Corporate Tomorrow Makers
“Now more than ever, industry needs Penn College graduates—and more of them—in a wide range of diverse career fields. We rely heavily on our business and industry partners to guide, advise, and counsel us on all matters related to our hands-on academic programs, which empower the next generation of highly skilled professionals entering the nation’s workforce. Applied technology education, a model that has served the college for more than a century, prepares tomorrow’s workforce leaders and helps to foster innovation and economic growth. Our corporate partners are crucial to the success of that collaborative process.”
Dr. Michael J. Reed
What is Corporate Tomorrow Makers?
Corporate Tomorrow Makers is a comprehensive program to engage corporate partners in a continuum of mutually beneficial partnership possibilities. The categories of collaboration serve as a framework to help companies understand opportunities in all areas of partnership: Explore, Empower, Engage, and Employ. Enrollment is voluntary and the benefits are long lasting.
Benefits to Enrollment & Participation
Corporate Tomorrow Makers receives special recognition and communication through a variety of mediums to many audiences (including students):
- A dedicated website of information and recognition
- A newsletter
- An individualized corporate engagement plan developed in partnership with Corporate Relations
The following partnership opportunities are presented as a way to help Penn College Corporate Relations collaborate more strategically and intentionally with you and your company to increase engagement – ranging from prospective Penn College student recruitment, to Penn College graduate recruitment, continued education, and alumni engagement. Using a checklist framework, we will work with you to develop an individualized partnership plan to maximize all opportunities of our relationship.
- Host a corporate awareness event for local high schools and CTCs
- Host a summer camp for prospective students
- Host an industry exploration event (such as Girl Scout STEM Day)
- Host an Educator-in-the-Workplace event
- Present at local high schools and CTCs
- Participate in pre-apprenticeship programs
- Serve as a role model/mentor/advocate for prospective students exploring careers in your industry or field
- Attend a Penn College Open House or Exploration Day to engage prospective students
- Participate in a Penn College Day for Educators
- Collaborate with Penn College Admissions for prospective student recruitment
- Distribute co-branded materials showcasing career opportunities at your company with a Penn College education
- Refer prospective students to Penn College
- Promote Penn College through company social media
- Encourage Penn College alumni to participate in Alumni Tomorrow Makers
- Establish a recruitment or Legacy scholarship in the company name
- Give or loan equipment
- Name a learning space
- Support a project, program, or student initiative through cash or in-kind gifts
- Encourage soft-skills and leadership development by supporting Penn College student organization and athletics' initiatives, facility enhancement, and teams
- Sponsor prospective student recruitment events
- Provide a toolkit, uniform, books, or other supplies to a Penn College student
- Participate in Education Improvement Tax Credit giving to Penn College
- Support global experiences and provide opportunities for Penn College students to learn, work, and travel abroad
- Engage company employee giving through giving payroll deduction to Penn College
- Promote corporate matching gift programs for employees to give to Penn College
- Provide Penn College students with the opportunity to learn and work with your company while obtaining their degree
- Serve on advisory boards
- Recruit at career fairs
- Host information sessions
- Host a classroom demonstration
- Host field trips to company locations
- Post job/internship opportunities on Career Hub
- Serve as a role model/mentor/advocate for Penn College students exploring careers in your field
- Work with Penn College students for capstone projects
- Support career prep opportunities such as mock interviews, etiquette dinner, and networking receptions
- Attend a Recruitment Day
- Participate in a pop-up recruitment table
- Support Penn College Veteran & Military Services to assist veterans, active duty members and their family members to succeed at Penn College
- Hire graduates into fulfilling, challenging, full-time roles with opportunities for advancement
- Develop an enticing summer work/internship program that allows students to work with peers, advances personal and technical skills, and provides benefits leading to full-time employment
- Participate in apprenticeships and/or apprenticeship summit
- Invest in staff training
- Attend professional development workshops
- Develop a professional development growth plan for current employees to earn a Penn College online degree
- Invest in tuition assistance programs
- Offer competitive benefits like relocation packages, signing bonuses, tuition reimbursement, and opportunities to obtain bachelor’s degrees
- Encourage a Penn College alumni corporate affinity group
- Invest in employee professional development through Innovation Leadership Competency Credential
- Engage with the Clean Energy Center or Plastics Innovation & Resource Center for training and project development
In Great Company
Corporate Tomorrow Maker Partners
First Citizens Community Bank gift supports dual enrollment
First Citizens Community Bank has donated $5,000 to Pennsylvania College of Technology to benefit a program enabling high school ...
Robot software donation benefits Penn College students
A global technology company is supporting Pennsylvania College of Technology by providing students with access to valuable ...
The Howley Foundation establishes Penn College scholarship
Students from 11 schools in the Philadelphia region will benefit from a Pennsylvania College of Technology scholarship created ...
Software partnership benefits Penn College students
Automation and electronics students at Pennsylvania College of Technology have a valuable new tool at their disposal, thanks to ...
EQT Foundation continues support for career awareness
The EQT Foundation – the philanthropic extension of EQT Corp., the nation’s largest producer of natural gas – is providing a ...
Foundation’s latest gift boosts total support to $3.7 million
A $134,000 gift from The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation of Harrisburg has increased the foundation’s total ...
Ambassador projects pride, passion during revisit to vo-tech school
Before starting her final semester this past week, Lauryn A. Stauffer returned to Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School ...
Global company donates industrial items to Penn College
A global manufacturing company’s generosity will enhance the hands-on education of Pennsylvania College of Technology students. ...
Arts Center receives grant for restoration project
The Community Arts Center has been awarded a $50,000 grant from the Williamsport Lycoming Community Fund at the First Community ...
Penn College partners with software company
Pennsylvania College of Technology automation students will benefit from a recent partnership with a European software company. ...
Corporate Tomorrow Makers recognizes corporate partners that choose to enhance their engagement. With the spectrum of opportunities to partner, we work with you to develop a plan to more strongly connect with our students and increase the number of potential applicants for your workforce. Please join us.