Thanks to the Military Tuition Assistance Program, more tomorrow makers can find their futures at Penn College. Through this special offering, qualified active military personnel are eligible to pursue college credits tuition free.
About this program
With a degree in Applied Health Studies, you’ll gain the momentum and leadership skills needed to expand our career opportunities within or beyond your clinical role. Designed for certified, licensed, and registered professionals, and those who hold associate degrees or have completed hospital-based training, this career-boosting online program offers the flexibility to balance your educational goals and your current career.
- Expand clinical roles with positions in:
- Public health
- Medical equipment sales
- Preparation for master's or pre-medical studies
At Penn College, we believe your educational experience should go beyond specialized skills. Real-world ready means taking a broader approach that builds communication skills, inspires collaboration, and encourages exploration of arts, history, and science.
Specialization requires in-depth knowledge and high-level proficiency. Students learn and apply major-specific concepts, skills, and methods.
- Proven Credential or Degree (BAH)
- Health Issues & Transitions (HTH310)
- Healthcare Delivery Systems (HTH325)
- Ethical & Legal Issues Related to Medicine (HTH382)
- Application of Teaching & Learning Styles in the Allied Health Professions (HTH321)
- Directed Applied Health Studies Electives (HTD)
- Medical Practice Administration (HTH311)
- Quality Assurance for Healthcare Workers (HTH332)
- Senior Capstone (HTH497)
Perspectives are points of view, offering a variety of ways of understanding, interacting, and influencing the world. Students identify, explain, and utilize the approaches used by academics and professionals to study, analyze, or understand problems, and offer solutions.
Foundations are the practical, intellectual, and social skills: communication, collaboration, critical and ethical thinking, quantitative thinking, and technological literacy that are crucial to every student at every stage of education and at every stage of life.
Already have professional credentials or current licensure in a healthcare field?
Check out the credential/licensure chart to see if your credential or licensure qualifies for college credit.
Learning that fits your lifestyle
- Accessible online anywhere in the world
- Flexible scheduling – take as many or as few classes you want each semester
- Continue to work and be at home with your family
- Summer courses available for those who wish to complete their degree faster
- In-state tuition rate for all students, regardless of residency
- Same rigor as on-campus programs
- Many employers offer tuition reimbursement - check with yours to see if you qualify
- Transfer-friendly programs shorten time to complete your degree
- Classes delivered asynchronously through P.L.A.T.O., Penn College's Platform for Learning And Teaching Online
- 100% online - no required campus visits
Seeing is believing.
Think Penn College might be a good fit for you? Make plans to visit and discover what hands-on learning is all about. Academic Tours allow you to explore labs and get to the core of your future program. If you’re looking for a deeper dive into your academic area of interest, opt for a Self-Scheduled Personal Tour. Comprehensive COVID-19 safety protocols are in place.
Wednesday, May 258:30 AM - 2:30 PM Eastern Time (U.S.)
Sunday, June 268:30 AM - 2:30 PM Eastern Time (U.S.)
Saturday, July 238:30 AM - 2:30 PM Eastern Time (U.S.)
Friday, July 298:30 AM - 2:30 PM Eastern Time (U.S.)
More tour dates are on the way.
But let's customize a tour for you now. Call, chat, or email for options.
Need a different date?
Let's customize a tour for you now. Call, chat, or email for options.
- SASC, Rm. 1068
If you can't attend any of these dates Contact Admissions at 570.320.2400
Follow your passion
November’s ‘Service Saturday’ spreads holiday cheer
Twenty-two Penn College students who enjoy volunteering their time – including members of student organizations and the Wildcat ...
Alumnus, corporate partner deliver new technology to college
A Pennsylvania College of Technology alumnus, now senior clinical engineering director for UPMC in the Susquehanna region, ...
Helping & Healing: People skills make an impact
From the Spring 2019 Penn College Magazine: Personal health, passion and empathy are key for employees in health and human ...