Courses taken at other nationally or regionally accredited* colleges and universities will be accepted in transfer provided that these courses are comparable to courses offered at Penn College and are applicable to a degree program at Penn College. No credit is given for internships/co-op courses, or for academic courses with pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory grades.

College credit earned before high school graduation will be evaluated only if the college where the course was taken issues an official college transcript. Students who have earned college credit before graduation from high school are subject to the same transfer protocol as are those transferring credit from other colleges.

* Credits from post-secondary institutions that are not nationally/regionally accredited may be recognized on an individual basis as determined by the academic school.

Transfer Course Equivalency

Find courses that transfer to/from Penn College

Search Courses

Begin Early!

Students considering transferring to Penn College should begin the application and enrollment process early. Transfer credit evaluations typically take 10-14 business days to complete, but during peak periods may take as long as four weeks.

Transfer Students

A student wishing to transfer from another college must follow these steps:

  1. Complete the steps of the Admission Process.
  2. Request that registrars of all previously attended colleges send official transcripts directly to the Penn College Admissions Office (not issued to the student). The College also may request a high school transcript.
  3. Upon request, provide course syllabi or a college catalog to the Registrar's Office for use in evaluating courses completed at another institution.

International Transfer Students: Your official secondary (and postsecondary, if you have studied previously at another postsecondary institution) school records must be evaluated by an organization recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. Your official records and official evaluation should be sent directly to Penn College from the evaluation service – not from you. If you studied previously at an institution in the U.S., please request that institution to send your official transcript(s) directly to Penn College.

Additional information is available on the College's Transfer website.

Course Transfer

Courses taken previously at another institution will be evaluated on course equivalency to determine relevancy and fulfillment of curriculum objectives within the chosen Penn College major. The credit transfer will not be considered finalized until the Admissions Office receives an official transcript from the institution where the course was completed.

Transfer Course Equivalency Search

Course transfers will be considered and implemented under the following parameters:

  • It is the student's responsibility to submit official college transcripts and course syllabi for courses not already included in the College's listing of approved transfer courses.
  • It is the student's responsibility to make certain all courses have been evaluated prior to scheduling to avoid repeating any course work.
  • The Registrar's Office will review and determine the eligibility of course work less than 10 years old; transfer of courses that have not been previously reviewed will be determined with guidance from the academic school dean.
  • Courses transferred as part of an earned associate's or bachelor's degree will be evaluated for equivalency without regard to the completion date. However, any course older than 10 years that was not completed as part of an earned degree will be evaluated by the appropriate academic school on a case-by-case basis.
  • Stand-alone courses or training (including miliary) completed outside of a structured program of study may be considered for alternative credit.
  • When applicable to the chosen major, 1 credit of fitness may be awarded for military service basic training. ROTC cadets may be eligible for 1 credit of fitness for specific military science courses. Specific military science courses may satisfy up to six open elective credits.
  • Credit awarded through articulation agreements are predefined within the specific agreements between Penn College and other institutions. All other graduation requirements and transfer limitations apply.
  • The Registrar's Office, in conjunction with the academic schools, will attach the courses approved for transfer to the student's academic record and send e-mail notification of the transcript evaluation to the student. Students wishing to appeal a decision can do so by meeting with the school dean, who makes the final determination regarding course equivalency.
  • Courses to be considered for transfer must have been completed with a grade of 'C' (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better.
  • Transfer students will enroll without a graduation grade-point average.
  • All transfer credit will appear on the student's transcript after the student successfully completes 12 credits of academic work at Penn College.
  • Transfer credit will appear on the transcript with credit value only, no grades.
  • Students transferring credits must meet all graduation requirements, including the established minimums that dictate the number of credits that must be completed at Penn College to earn a bachelor's degree, associate's degree, or certificate.

Degree-Specific Transfer Requirements

Associate-Degree and Certificate Majors

Transfer credit refers to credit for courses earned at another institution, college credit earned before high school graduation, service credit, and credit earned through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP).

Bachelor-Degree Majors

Each bachelor of science degree major has specific procedures for incoming transfer students. Transfer protocols for these majors are detailed on the Curriculum page for each bachelor-degree major.

Policy Information

Among the transfer credit and graduation requirements referenced above are the following key points:

  • You must earn a C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better for the course to transfer. The course transfers as credits without a grade and will not impact your Penn College GPA.
  • Your transfer credits cannot impede your ability to meet the minimum credit requirements of your degree, as established in the College's Graduation Requirements Policy.
  • No credit is given for internships/co-op courses, or for academic courses with pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory grades.

Official Transcripts

Official transcripts are needed from all previously attended colleges or universities. If you have not completed an associate's degree at another institution, also send an official transcript from each high school you attended or your official GED score report. Arrange for your official transcripts to be sent directly to the address below.

Admissions, DIF 119
Pennsylvania College of Technology
One College Avenue
Williamsport, PA 17701

Official transcripts that are sent electronically may be e-mailed to

Contact information

Pennsylvania College of Technology
DIF 119

One College Avenue
Williamsport, PA 17701