Do I have to choose a certain meal plan if I live in a Residence Hall?

Yes. Students living in a residence hall select a meal plan as part of the housing contract. First year students may select from the 19- or 14- meal board plan. Returning students may choose from a 19-, 14-, or 10- meal board plan.

When can I start to use my Meal Plan?

Meal plans will begin on the Saturday before classes start.

Where can I use my Meal Plan card?

The Meal Plan card can be used in any of our dining units, and in the student-operated restaurant, Le Jeune Chef. The money in your meal plan account can ONLY be used to purchase food in our dining units and all items in our convenience stores. For more information on how to use your board meals, please visit our meal plan page.

Can I take money out of my Meal Plan account?

No, that money has been set aside strictly for food or those items in our convenience stores.

Can I use financial aid to purchase a Meal Plan?

Yes. The best way to do this is through the SIS system under Optional Charges. This allows us to apply your financial aid to the Meal Plan and it automatically puts any Meal Plan charges on your tuition bill. We also accept Meal Plan applications in our office (LEC/A137) during the first two weeks of classes.

Can I switch my Meal Plan?

The best time to switch your meal plan is between semesters or just prior to the start of each semester. Meal Plan changes must be made during the first week of the semester and will be decided on a case-by-case basis.

What does the average meal cost?

This depends on which dining service area you are patronizing. The average cost for hot entrees at CC Commons or the Keystone Dining Room ranges from $5 - $7.75. Most meals are a la carte style, so costs vary. A dinner buffet meal at Capitol Eatery is $12.

What options are there for vegetarians?

Keystone Dining Room & Capitol Eatery have a salad bar, veggie burgers, veggie hoagies, and several hot vegetarian entrees such as baked ziti, vegetable stir fry, macaroni and cheese, and soup. Other dining service areas also have salads, soups and vegetarian alternatives.

What happens if my Declining Balance Meal Plan funds or Flex Dollars are running low?

Adding on to a meal plan is easy and convenient. Add-ons can be done in the SIS or on the GET app with a credit card.

What do I do if I lose my Meal Plan card?

Immediately report your lost or stolen card through the SIS by clicking on the Meal Plan / Membership link and the Report lost card button. You can also go on the GET app to report your card lost or found. Next, go to the ID Center in the Bush Campus Center to obtain a new card (a $10 charge may be applied).

Which plan should I choose if most of my classes are at the Earth Science Center?

Any meal plan will work for a student attending classes at the Earth Science Center.

Are latex gloves used by our dining service employees?

No, only vinyl gloves are used due to latex allergies and sensitivities in our staff and students.

Can I use a credit or debit card in the dining units?

Yes. We accept credit and non-pin number debit cards at dining unit registers. Accepted cards include MasterCard, Visa, Discover. All registers also accept meal plans and cash.

Is there any assistance or nutritional counseling available if I have a food allergy or sensitivity?

Yes, we have a registered dietician on staff who is available by appointment to discuss any needs or concerns you may have. Visit the nutrition page to find out office hours and other information.

If you have any other questions please contact the Dining Services office at 570-327-4767.