Here's How Penn College NOW Courses Benefit Students
Tuition for Penn College NOW is free for students! The more Penn College NOW courses a student takes (at no per-credit cost), the less money a student has to spend once it's time to earn a degree after high school.
No matter what you plan to do after graduation, if you have already shown success in college courses, you will be more competitive in both the job market and the college admissions process. Success in challenging coursework builds confidence as well as skills!
Students who have already taken college coursework spend less time earning a degree.
Connect to "the college experience!" Through Penn College NOW, students have the chance to visit our campus, see our facilities, and meet our college faculty.
No matter what type of degree or which major you pursue, if you have already been successful in college courses and are familiar with a college campus before entering college, you are more likely to:
Stay in college once you enroll after graduation
Complete your chosen degree
Graduate college on time
Is your school or CTC already a partner?
- Ask your school counselor about the Penn College NOW courses offered. Check out our Penn College NOW Course Guide for 2019-20.
- Choose the courses that meet your needs and interests, and register for them during your scheduling process.
- Complete your Penn College NOW application, which is usually done at your school or career & technology center (CTC) with the help of a counselor or teacher.
- Take your placement tests. Some courses require a math test. Your score determines your eligibility to take the courses you want. They're important. Study for them.
- Check out our Student Handbook for information on our policies and procedures.
Ask your school counselor to contact College Transitions at 570-320-8003 or PennCollegeNOW@pct.edu. We are currently working with potential new partners for the 2020-2021 school year.
I'm not sure, see a list of partner schools
The following schools and CTCs are partners in Penn College NOW. For more information about the offerings available at any given school, please click on the link for your school.
- Benton Area High School
- Berks Career & Technology Center
- Biglerville High School
- Blairsville High School
- Bloomsburg Area High School
- Bradford Area High School
- Cedar Cliff High School
- Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology
- Central Westmoreland Career & Technology Center
- Clearfield County Career & Technology Center
- Columbia-Montour Area Vocational Technical School
- Cumberland Perry Area Vocational Technical School
- Danville Area High School
- Dauphin County Technical School
- Dover Area High School
- East Juniata High School
- Eastern Westmoreland Career & Technology Center
- Fayette County Career & Technical Institute
- Franklin County Career & Technology Center
- Hughesville High School
- Jersey Shore Area High School
- Juniata High School
- Keystone Central School District
- Lancaster County Career & Technology Center
- Lycoming Career & Technology Center
- Mifflin County Academy of Science and Technology
- Mifflinburg Area High School
- Milton Area High School
- Milton Hershey School
- Monroe Career & Technical Institute
- Montgomery Area High School
- Montoursville Area High School
- North Penn - Liberty High School
- North Penn- Mansfield High School
- Northern Tier Career Center
- Northumberland County Career & Technology Center
- Red Land High School
- Red Lion Area High School
- Saltsburg High School
- Schuylkill Technology Center
- Selinsgrove Area High School
- Seneca Highlands Career & Technology Center
- South Williamsport Area High School
- Southern Columbia Area High School
- St. John Neumann Regional Academy
- Sullivan County High School
- SUN Area Technical Institute
- Susquehanna County Career & Technology Center
- TCHS - Pennock's Bridge Campus
- TCHS - Pickering Campus
- TCHS- Brandywine Campus
- Troy Area High School
- Upper Dauphin Area High School
- Warren County Career Center
- Warrior Run High School
- Williamson High School
- Williamsport Area High School
- York County School of Technology
Penn College NOW Accreditation
Penn College NOW proudly earned its national accreditation from the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships in 2011 and was the first program in Pennsylvania to do so. Our accreditation requirements ensure that Penn College NOW students receive quality instruction from highly qualified secondary teachers in a program that is held to the highest standards.
Penn College NOW is partially funded by the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-270) through the Pennsylvania Department of Education, by the generous support of Pennsylvania companies through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit program managed by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and by Pennsylvania College of Technology.