Penn College at Wellsboro Practical Nursing Live Info Sessions
Join Lauren Scheetz, coordinator of the program, in a live online discussion about the practical nursing program. Learn about admission requirements; application, tuition and financial aid processes; licensure; and job opportunities for graduates. There will be an opportunity to ask questions following the presentation.
This program prepares graduates to take the Practical Nursing National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN) to become licensed practical nurses in Pennsylvania, prepared to seek employment in nursing homes, hospitals, assisted living facilities, physician offices, clinics, and home care agencies.
Penn College at Wellsboro & Potter County
Practical Nursing Information
Instruction takes place over a total of 1,536 hours, with classes and clinical experiences scheduled Monday through Thursday and every other Friday over the course of one calendar year. Clinical experiences take place in a variety of acute and long-term care settings.
2020-21 Important Dates
The next practical nursing class is scheduled to begin September 21, 2020 with Orientation on September 14; graduation will be September 9, 2021.
All applicants must complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills prior to receiving an application for the program. Completed applications and pre-entrance requirements must be submitted by July. 23, 2020, to be considered for admission to the September class.
Program Costs (2019-20)
2020-21 costs coming soon.
Cost: $17,800 (includes textbooks)
Housing is not available.
A $350 non-refundable tuition deposit is due within two weeks after notification of acceptance; the deposit will be applied to the full tuition fee. The balance is due 10 working days prior to the first day of class.
Other costs: Participants are responsible for uniform, health exam and immunizations, liability insurance, supplies, travel expenses, background checks, and personal costs. All fees are subject to change. Contact Penn College at Wellsboro for more information.
To be considered for enrollment in the program, you need:
- A high school diploma or GED - Recommended high school subjects include three years of science and four years
of English, social studies, and math (including algebra).
- Satisfactory performance on the pre-entrance assessment exam.
- An admission application submitted with a nonrefundable $50 application fee. (Please note: Application for the program will be mailed after satisfactory performance on the pre-entrance assessment exam is achieved.)
- Two letters of character reference with writer's name, address, and telephone number.
- FBI, state police, and child abuse clearances, clear of prohibitive offenses (in compliance with clinical facilities) and current through the entire program.
- An interview with the program coordinator.
- Complete health screenings that are required by the program. Placement in the program is conditional until health requirements are met.
- Negative drug test.
For program information, call 570-724-7703 or send your name, address, and phone number to:
Penn College at Wellsboro
22 Walnut St.
Wellsboro, PA 16901
Provisional Approval Status by: PA State Board of Nursing, P.O. Box 2649, Harrisburg, PA 16105
Visit www.pa-pna.org to see what's happening in PN education in Pennsylvania.
Scholastic Requirements & Curriculum
- Level I: 512 Hours
- LPN 100- Medical Terminology Survey
- LPN 115- Anatomy and Physiology I
- LPN 201- Fundamentals of Practical Nursing
- Level II: 512 Hours
- LPN 125- Anatomy and Physiology II
- LPN 202- Nursing Care of the Adult and Child I
- Level III: 512 Hours
- LPN 203- Nursing Care of the Adult and Child II
Grades of 78% or better in all classes and satisfactory performance in the clinical/lab area are required to successfully complete program requirements. Attendance for 1,536 hours is mandatory to meet graduation requirements.
- Median loan debt for 2013 program: $14,666
- On-time completion rate: 100%
- CIP code associated with program: 51.3901
- Placement rate in the field of nursing for 2013 program: 86%
- LPN nursing statistics