Home-field advantages

Published 11.26.2019

Tiffany Brown

by Tiffany Brown

OTA major and Penn College Soccer player

Blog

Reflecting upon the growth of Wildcat Athletics since my freshman year (2016), I am extremely thankful for each member of the athletic department for their constant support on and off the field.

Our dedicated coaches and staff are willing to do whatever it takes for their athletes to be successful both in the classroom and on the pitch.

Transitioning to NCAA Division III in 2017 was an exciting time with a lot of change occurring around campus. A new and improved logo was released, branding a new era of Wildcat Athletics. In fact, one corporate partner wrapped two motor coaches with our logo, increasing the promotion of Wildcat Athletics while we travel in style. Windscreens were added along the tennis courts, welcoming visitors, as well as several other physical improvements to our facilities. However, knowing that we could participate in the NCAA tournament was the most exciting change and gave winning a new and more meaningful objective.

We are beyond thankful for M&T Bank, Pepsi, Susquehanna Trailways, and UPMC, who had key roles in providing the funds needed to improve our soccer field and athletics complex. With the help of these corporate partners, the College was able to complete construction of a new synthetic turf field. Now, it is complete with a new press box, scoreboard and grand entrance, representing each partner and their commitment to Wildcat Athletics. Without them, the opportunity to play on such a beautiful and competitive field would not be possible. We were able to personally thank these generous donors during the UPMC Field Dedication in October. What a great experience for me and my teammates!

Penn College soccer players presented the college’s corporate partners with framed collages recognizing their support of UPMC Field and the enhanced athletic complex.

My athletic experiences mirror my academic career. Throughout, I have had some pretty incredible professors, and my occupational therapy assistant professors have been extremely supportive and willing to help all students be successful.

I am beyond thankful for each and every staff member who has helped me grow throughout my college career.

As I finish my senior year, I look forward to completing my fieldwork during the summer months at Harrisburg Hospital. This rotation aligns with my career goals to someday work in a rehabilitation setting with young children. Penn College has prepared me well to start my career and learn more and more every day!

With all the improvements and investments made in the last few years, I cannot wait to see what the future has in store in both the athletic and academic environments! I am so proud to be a Penn College Wildcat! Thanks to all who are making my senior year so memorable!