Learn advanced collision repair techniques in the classroom and perfect your skills on late-model vehicles in state-of-the-art labs. When accidents happen, drivers look to collision repair professionals to get their vehicles back on the road. Time is of essence and accuracy is essential. From top to bottom, you’ll explore everything there is to know about advanced repair methods. One of five colleges in the country to offer The Honda PACT Collision program, Penn College also delivers specialized training for repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. And for those who want to run the shop, management courses cover business essentials. Hands-on learning is here. A high-demand career in collision repair is just around the corner. Are you ready to take the wheel?
Also, graduates of the program can complete the Automotive Technology Management B.S. degree via distance learning or on campus.
Graduates have a diverse set of skills and abilities that could prepare them for "green" careers focused on energy, renewable energy, and the environment.
About the curriculum
View the classes you will be attending in the College Catalog.
Accreditation & Industry Connections
The Collision Repair program is a member of the I-CAR Industry Training Alliance.
CERTIFICATION: The collision repair major is master-accredited by the National Automotive Technician's Education Foundation and meets the standards for Automotive Service Excellence.
Independent collision repair shop owner/operator, assistant collision repair manager, service equipment representative, insurance estimator, skilled jobs involving paint application in manufacturing or service industries, dealer service specialist.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for automotive body and related repairers was $42,730 in May 2018. The top 10 percent earned more than $71,970.
Industries with the highest published employment for this occupation are:
|Industry||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage|
|Automotive Repair and Maintenance||100,910||$22.31||$46,390|
|Motor Vehicle and Motor Vehicle Parts and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers||3,280||$21.66||$45,060|
|Automotive Parts, Accessories, and Tire Stores||1,860||$20.73||$43,110|
Statistics reported in May 2018
This major is subject to the transfer standards established by the College. Exceptions must be approved by the school dean.
Tools, Uniforms & Supplies
You are required to have a uniform and hard-toed shoes for lab classes. It is recommended that you purchase three uniforms.
Uniforms and tools are available for purchase through The College Store.
Clubs & Activities
Collision Repair Advisory Committee
- Mr. William K Berry, Body Shop Manager, CPR Auto Center
- Mr. Evan Bieber, '05, Manager, Collision Repair, Faulkner Collision Center of Hanover
- Mr. Zachary Graybill, '15, Assistant Manager, Blaise Alexander Body Shop
- Mr. Donald Gunther, Instructor, SUN Area Technical Institute
- Mr. George Hofmann, Owner/General Manager, AutoCare USA
- Mr. Jeremiah Hunter, '00, Material Damage Adjuster, Erie Insurance
- Mr. Daniel L Maloney Jr., National Sales Manager, Dent Fix Equipment
- Mr. John Martin, Manager, Performance Learning, PPG Industries Inc.
- Mr. Brian A Moore, CPCU, Claims Manager - Material Damage, Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
- Mr. Robert Noaker, Jr., Owner, Noaker's Auto Body LLC
- Mr. Rusty Orelli, Owner, Orelli Supply, Inc.
- Mr. David Pachutski, Owner, Dave's Auto Body Clinic
- Mr. Kenneth Pastore, '16, Estimator/Technician, Town Auto Body
- Mr. Dennis Schlauch, Automotive Collision Repair Appraiser
- Mr. Denny Steward, Service First Inspector, State Farm Insurance
- Mr. Ed Stroble, Owner, Stroble's Garage
- Mr. David W Swartzlander, CEO, CPR Auto Center, LLC
- Mr. Paul Vollman, Service Manager, Budman Auto Body
- Mr. J. Todd Warren, Sales Representative, PPG Industries
- Mr. Greg Wesner, General Manager, Orelli Supply, Inc.
Advisory committees, which act as recommending bodies to the faculty and administration, consist of in-field professionals who act as partners in the development of curriculum. Their curricular and equipment advice as well as their industry connections and internship opportunities are invaluable to our students and to the growth of our institution.