Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives describe the career and professional accomplishments that graduates, after several years of experience, are prepared to achieve.
The educational objectives of the Civil Engineering Technology program are:
- Technical Adeptness - Graduates will be technically adept in Civil Engineering Technology as well as supporting math and science disciplines, allowing these graduates to design, manage, and construct civil engineering projects. Their technical skills and knowledge will enable them to perform their work duties with a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Interpersonal Skills - Graduates will exhibit appropriate interpersonal skills as demonstrated by effectively working on teams and effectively communicating in the workplace.
- Professionalism - Graduates will exhibit a professional work ethic and an interest in lifelong learning.
- Awareness of Societal Impact - Graduates will be aware of how their professional role will impact the societal/ global community and demonstrate an appreciation for diversity.
Program Goals/Student Outcomes
- apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- design systems, components, or processes, meeting specified needs for broadly defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and analyze and interpret the results to improve processes.
- function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Total Enrollment