The appropriate educational record custodian may make directory information on individual students available to the public. [See Directory information]

Information from a student's educational record should be sent to third parties outside the College only by the appropriate educational record custodian, and only on the basis of a written and dated request by the student.

Information from a student's educational record can be shared within the College only among appropriate "school officials" whom the College has determined to have a legitimate educational interest. School officials can be:

  • a person employed by the College in an administrative, supervisory, academic, or support staff position (including law enforcement and health staff personnel);
  • a person elected to the Board of Trustees;
  • a company employed by or under contract to the College to perform a special task, such as the attorney, auditor, or collection agency;
  • a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks.