Eight student leaders honored with Penn College Awards
"Despite this year's challenges, I am thankful that we were able to present Penn College Awards to these deserving students," said Allison A. Grove, director of student engagement. "Their contributions set an example for their classmates – and are a reminder to all of us – of the benefits of campus involvement."
This year's recipients, recognized for rising above their peers as a result of their leadership efforts, are:
- Alexis I. Ashby, Williamsport, applied health studies: surgical technology concentration
- Cody Daniels, Harrisburg, information assurance and cyber security
- Joseph F. DiBucci, of Glenshaw, applied technology studies and concrete science technology
- Lindsey A. King, Hanover, applied health studies: occupational therapy assistant concentration
- Alexandra D. Petrizzi, Langhorne, graphic design
- Bailey E. Rowland, of South Williamsport, surgical technology
- Travis J. Scholtz, of New Kensington, automated manufacturing technology, applied innovation and manufacturing engineering technology
- Elizabeth Wellar, of Bellefonte, applied health studies: occupational therapy assistant concentration
The honorees each receive a Penn College lapel pin and a beveled glass award. Their names will be permanently displayed on a wall outside the Office of Student Engagement. Six of the students participated in the spring/summer commencements held Aug. 7-9; two others will graduate later this year.