ITS Issues Announcements, Reminders for May
Information Technology Services has issued announcements and reminders for May:
Dates to Note
All AS/400 screens and services, including the Employee Information System and Student Information System, will be unavailable:
- Sunday, May 6, from 7 to 9:30 a.m. for routine maintenance
- Thursday, May 24, at 5 p.m., through Friday, May 25, at 5 p.m. for a system upgrade
Network password reset:
- Tuesday, May 1
- Students and employees, remember to turn your empty printer cartridges into scholarship money for Penn College students.
- Students graduating in May are reminded that their home (H) drives and e-mail accounts will be maintained for six months from graduation. After that time, these accounts will be deleted. In the coming months, be sure to transfer valuable documents, e-mail and contact information to an alternate location.
Employees who would like to have their old GroupWise archives converted to Outlook (and have not already done so) can contact the ITS Help Desk to arrange for this service.
Faculty, as you prepare to post grades, please take into consideration that the AS/400 (including EIS) is unavailable during the daily backup process, which takes place from 2:15 to 5:30 a.m.
- Before leaving for the summer, faculty are asked to remove any unnecessary files from the R & S drives. This will prevent students from experiencing problems while trying to submit assignments next semester.