Nursing Assistant Course to Begin Sept. 15 at North Campus
Pennsylvania College of Technology's North Campus will offer a state Department of Education-approved, 112-hour nursing assistant course beginning Sept. 15.
Classes and clinical training for the noncredit course are scheduled for Mondays and Fridays, Sept. 15 to Oct. 30.
Classes will be held at the North Campus, located on Route 6 between Wellsboro and Mansfield. Clinical training will be provided at the Green Home on Central Avenue in Wellsboro.
Students completing the course are eligible to take the Red Cross competency exam for certification to seek employment as a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant).
The requirements to enter the program are:
- 17 years of age
- Good physical and mental health, as certified by a physician within the past six months
- English-speaking, with basic reading, math and writing skills
- The ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, push, lift and carry up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Full use of hands, arms and legs
- Ability to read thermometers, charts and other testing equipment
- A completed criminal-history background check processed by the Pennsylvania State Police without Act 14 prohibitive offense(s) (If a student has not lived in the state in the past two years, an FBI background check must be done)
- Proof of a current two-step PPD (tuberculosis test) within the past six months
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccine (three injections) or proof of having begun the series
- Proof of measles, mumps and rubella vaccines or titer
- Malpractice insurance
- Willingness to abide by program policies
The cost for the course is $695. For more information, or to apply, contact the North Campus at (570) 724-7703.