The Penn College Pre-apprenticeship model provides an overview of the foundational technical knowledge and skills in an industry sector. The pre-apprenticeship is intended for individuals who are exploring a career path prior to entering employment or training.
Each Penn College Pre-apprenticeship
- focuses on an industry sector with high demand for a skilled workforce,
- aligns with an industry credential,
- reinforces classroom learning with hands-on skill development,
- groups pre-apprentices in a consortia creating a supportive learning experience, and
- engages employers who offer potential employment and apprenticeship opportunities.
Each Penn College Pre-apprenticeship is registered with the PA Department of Labor and Industry and is aligned with a Penn College registered apprenticeship program.
Who can enroll in pre-apprenticeship programs?
Penn College Workforce Development currently offers the following pre-apprenticeship programs:
Advanced Manufacturing Pre-Apprenticeship
The Penn College Advanced Manufacturing Pre-apprenticeship (AMP) Program is designed to increase knowledge of manufacturing concepts and skills, and to expand the number of prospective employees choosing manufacturing-related career pathways.