Presidential Student Ambassador Mission
The mission of the Presidential Student Ambassador program is to promote Penn College to prospective and current students and their families, guests, alumni, business partners, and friends of the College. Student Ambassadors, selected for their demonstration of leadership, campus involvement, academic achievement, and Penn College pride, strive to convey the value of a life-long relationship between the College and all of our stakeholders on campus, in the Williamsport community, and across the Commonwealth, country, and globe.
Who Are Ambassadors?
Presidential Student Ambassadors act as liaisons between the College and prospective students, current students, guests, alumni, business partners, and friends of the College by engaging in activities that:
- Communicate the mission and culture of the College;
- Strengthen our traditions;
- Promote Penn College Pride; and
- Encourage lifelong involvement with the College.
What Does an Ambassador Do?
Main responsibilities of the position include:
- Conducting tours for guests of the College
- Provide support and coverage during College events, such as Open House
- Connect with prospective students through call campaigns, postcards, etc.
- Assist staff with daily tasks, such as preparing giveaways, answering calls, etc.
- Serve as a role model for incoming first-year students and peers
How Do I Become an Ambassador?
This paid position is limited to 16 students per academic year. To be eligible, interested students must be enrolled full-time, have successfully completed at least 12 credits at Penn College, and hold a minimum 2.0 GPA.
Interested students must apply through Student Staff Selections and participate in the Student Staff Selections Leadership Summit. After completion, interested candidates will schedule in-person interviews with the Coordinator of Admissions Events & Communications. Candidates will be ranked and selected until all openings are filled. Selected candidates will be notified early spring.
Ambassadors who are successful throughout the academic year will participate in an annual evaluation process. Selection of returning students will always be completed prior to selection of new students.
Questions About This Position?
Love what you see, but still have some questions? Connect with Bryce Winder, Coordinator of Admissions Events & Communications to get all of your questions answered.