Student-Initiated Withdrawal

When a student elects to withdraw from the College, he/she must officially notify the Registrar's Office. This process includes the following:

  1. Officially drop all registered courses through the Registrar's Office.
  2. Satisfactorily account for all property issued by the College.
  3. Settle all outstanding College obligations.

A student who does not officially withdraw from the College in this prescribed manner will receive the appropriate letter grades for all courses in which he/she is enrolled (these grades will be reflected on the student's academic transcript) and will be responsible for all financial commitments.

A withdrawn student may apply to re-enroll through the Admissions Office upon returning to the College. Re-admission into competitive or limited-enrollment majors is dependent upon space available.

Administrative Termination

The College reserves the right to terminate enrollment of any student if, in the opinion of the College, further association is not in the best interest of the student or the College. Administrative termination can occur for reasons including, but not limited to, the following:

An administratively terminated student is issued a final grade of "T" for all courses in which he/she is currently enrolled, and the termination is noted on the student's transcript. The student will not be eligible for any refund.

Note that other categories of dismissal exist, including academic suspension due to low GPA as well as withdrawal for failure to comply with the College's attendance requirements.

This information is provided as a summary of the College's academic policy. Official College Policy and Procedure statements, which are available to students on the myPCT Portal, hold precedent over any information provided here.