Now that you’ve submitted your application for benefits, you might be wondering what to expect next. Here’s how the process works.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) processes your application and sends you a Certificate of Eligibility.
- You must send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the Veterans & Military Resource Center at Penn College.
- Your enrollment is certified by Pennsylvania College of Technology.
- Your book stipend and tuition benefit payments are disbursed 14 days or later prior to the start of the semester in which you are enrolled.
- Monthly housing payments are made on the first day of the month following each month that you are enrolled.
Education Benefit Rates
The amount you receive is determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Verification of Enrollment
To receive benefits for Chapter 30, 1606, you must verify your enrollment on the last calendar day of each month or later. You can verify via phone at 877.823.2378 or online.
After submitting your Verification of Enrollment at the end of each month, payment by direct deposit may take 3-5 days. Payment by check may take 10-14 days.
The VA will pay only for courses that are required to earn a degree or certificate in your chosen major.
Some veterans' benefits are paid directly to you at the end of each month you are enrolled. Veterans, current military and dependent students are encouraged to set up direct deposit by calling the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) at 800.827.1000.