Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives describe the career and professional accomplishments that graduates, after several years of experience, are prepared to achieve.
The educational objectives of the Plastics and Polymer Engineering Technology program are:
- Technical Proficiency - Graduates will be technically adept in Plastics Engineering Technology as well as supporting math and science disciplines, allowing these graduates to design and conduct experiments, test, solve problems based on data from these experiments, design new products, materials and processes, all with a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Interpersonal Skills - Graduates will exhibit appropriate interpersonal skills as demonstrated by effectively working on teams and effectively communicating in the workplace.
- Professionalism - Graduates will exhibit a professional work ethic including an interest in personal and professional growth.
- Awareness of Societal Impact - Graduates will be aware of how their professional role will impact the global community.
Program Goals/Student Outcomes
- select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of plastics and polymer engineering technology to broadly defined plastics and polymer engineering technology activities.
- select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to plastic and polymer engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- conduct standard tests and measurements; conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and apply experimental results to improve processes.
- design systems, components, or processes for broadly defined plastics and polymer engineering technology problems.
- function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- identify, analyze, and solve broadly defined plastics and polymer engineering technology problems.
- communicate effectively regarding broadly defined plastics and polymer engineering technology activities.
- understand the need for and engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- understand the impact of plastics and polymer engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- exhibit a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Total Enrollment
Enrollment Fall Semester