Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives describe the career and professional accomplishments that graduates, after several years of experience, are prepared to achieve.
The educational objectives of the Plastics and Polymer Engineering Technology program are:
- Technical Proficiency - Graduates will be technically adept in Plastics Engineering Technology as well as supporting math and science disciplines, allowing these graduates to design and conduct experiments, test, solve problems based on data from these experiments, design new products, materials and processes, all with a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Interpersonal Skills - Graduates will exhibit appropriate interpersonal skills as demonstrated by effectively working on teams and effectively communicating in the workplace.
- Professionalism - Graduates will exhibit a professional work ethic including an interest in personal and professional growth.
- Awareness of Societal Impact - Graduates will be aware of how their professional role will impact the global community.
Program Goals/Student Outcomes
A graduate of this major should be able to:
- apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes.
- function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
- understand the need for and engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- understand the impact of plastics and polymer engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- exhibit a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Total Enrollment
Enrollment Fall Semester