Strategic Goals & Initiatives
Cultivate a holistic and uniquely hands-on student experience that prepares graduates for successful careers.
- Augment our brand of experiential learning by increasing opportunities for service learning and global experiences to further our culture of educating the whole student.
- Building on the foundations of intercollegiate athletics, grow an institutional pride across the campus community that transcends graduation, further strengthening our alumni network.
- Increase philanthropic support to enhance scholarship aid, and academic, athletic and co-curricular experiences, as well as to grow the College’s endowment.
- Reinvigorate a college-wide focus on retention programming to mitigate obstacles to student success and improve graduation rates.
Seize the attention of a wider, national audience of prospective students with our distinctive educational experience, broad range of global partnerships, and connected alumni network.
- Increase enrollment by modernizing recruitment and application processes, and by using integrated marketing tailored to identified populations.
- Develop a bold and authentic brand identity based on Penn College’s points of distinction that expands our national recognition.
- Develop a co-marketing campaign with partner corporations and engage their alumni employees – both on- and off-site – in prospective student recruitment.
- Broaden the recruitment of a faculty and administration that is not only expert in discipline but also rich in diverse experiences so to more accurately reflect our national reputation.
Seek continual institutional improvement by enhancing the expertise of our people, broadening our culture of innovation, and refining the methods by which we measure our success.
- Recognizing the College’s unique real-world learning environment, build a complementary culture of risk management based on industry best practices that ensures the safety, security and well-being of our students and employees.
- Grow apprenticeship training programs across the College, and create a pathway to transition students into academic programs.
- Acknowledging the challenges associated with the cost of higher education, increase predictability of cost and access to education for current and prospective students.