Graduating Members of Men's Soccer Team Honored
The Pennsylvania College of Technology men's soccer team honored seven graduating members Monday prior to the team's match against Misericordia University.
In front of a packed Athletic Field crowd, Clayton Bretz, Nicholas Grasso, Isaac Hostetter, Seth Rearick, Chris Rougeot, Morris Sayon and Dan Shaffer were honored for their hard work and dedication to Wildcat soccer.
- Bretz, a building automation technology major from New Bloomfield, is a four-year member of the team and has been an excellent defensive back for Penn College.
- Senior captain Grasso, a marketing concentration major from New Columbia, is a two-year member of the team after transferring, and has shown strong leadership skills and been a rock in the defensive position.
- Hostetter, a collision repair technology major from Lebanon, has been on the team for two years and has been key in the team's midfield and defense with his excellent ball-distributing skills.
- Rearick, a civil engineering technology major from Watsontown, has been on the team for four years and is regarded by the coaching staff as "one of the best defenders to come through the program."
- Rougeot, an architectural technology major from Torrington, Conn., is another two-year member of the team and is one of the hardest workers on the team as evidenced by his improved ball skills and physical fitness.
- Sayon, an automotive technology management major from Upper Darby, has been with the Wildcats for four years, has been a strong presence on the field and an offensive threat to opposing teams.
- Team captain Shaffer, a civil engineering technology major from Shermans Dale, is another four-year member on the team. He has been a critical part of the defense and leadership as the squad's goalkeeper.
TheWildcats will host the Pennsylvania State University Athletic Conference championships at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Photos by Sarah K. Mariano, student photographer