ITS Issues January Announcements, Reminders
Information Technology Services has issued announcements and reminders for the holiday break and January, including the imminent changeover to Microsoft Outlook for e-mail and transfer of network drives throughout the semester recess.
Dates to Remember
- On Dec. 22, employees and students will begin using Outlook to send and receive e-mail
- All AS/400 screens and services, including the Employee Information System and Student Information System, will be unavailable all day Jan. 2
- Throughout the holiday break, the contents of the college's network drives (F:, G:, H:, P:, R: and S:) will be moved to Microsoft servers. The contents of the F:, G: and P: drives will be combined and accessible through a new drive letter: W. Employees can track the progress of the file-transfer process through the Web.
Housekeeping Reminders for the Entire Campus Community
- Want to know what's going on? Check the Penn College online calendar for the monthly academic schedule, Student Activities events, professional-development opportunities and much more.
- Interested in buying hardware or software for your home computer at academic prices? Remember that Penn College students and employees are eligible for a Penn State Computer Store account.
- Please remember that network drives are for storing work- and class-related files only. Storing personal files on any network drive including your H: (home) drive is a violation of the college's Acceptable Use Policy.
- You are responsible for any activity originating from your college accounts, including e-mail, SIS, EIS, WebCT, AS/400, etc. Therefore, always log off of your computer before walking away for any length of time. If you are leaving for the day, shut down your computer. And, never share your account passwords with anyone.