Have a New Product Idea? Interested in Starting Your Own Business?
The Williamsport/Lycoming Keystone Innovation Zone is a new partnership established to encourage innovation in technology and product development.
Its primary role is to provide entrepreneurs, start-up companies and progressive businesses with resources and services for development and growth. The WLKIZ brings technology, business knowledge, and research capability from regional agencies and academic organizations to assist you in taking your idea from concept to reality.
This opportunity is open to Penn College students, faculty and staff. If you have an idea for a new product or if you are interested in starting a new business, you may be eligible for assistance from the WLKIZ:
- Innovation and business development grants
- Mentoring and planning support, including a high-level business adviser
- Comprehensive technical and business information
- Access to product development and manufacturing technology, including the Plastics Manufacturing Center
- Marketing analysis expertise to help develop your business plan
- Business training
- Incubator and office space to launch your idea
- Priority status from additional Pennsylvania economic-development programs to help launch your ideas
For more information or to apply for assistance, contact Candy Baran in Workforce Development & Continuing Education at 327-4775 or by e-mail.