Penn State to Offer Courses for Teachers in Williamsport
Beginning in September, Penn State Continuing Education at Williamsport and the College of Education will offer several courses developed specifically for educators. Credits from the courses may be used toward the master's program offered through Penn State's College of Education.
- Program Planning in Adult Education (ADTED) will be held Fridays from 6 to 9:15 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. between Sept. 24 and Nov. 20.
- Storytelling: Performance Skills for Teachers (CAS497A) will be held Saturdays Dec. 4 and 11, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Presentational Skills for Teachers/Trainers (CAS497B) will be held Saturdays Dec. 4 and 11, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Instructional Design for Multimedia Technologies (INSYS447) will be held Wednesdays, Sept. 8 through Dec. 15, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Designing Computer Networks for Education (INSYS461) will be held Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30 to 7:45 p.m. between Sept. 8 and Oct. 27.
All courses qualify for fulfilling Pennsylvania Act 48 requirements, and participants can earn 3.0 continuing education units for each course.
More information on the courses can be obtained by contacting the Williamsport Continuing Education office at (570) 322-5771, or by visiting the Web site and searching the keyword "Williamsport."