Preparing students to be baking and pastry professionals through hands-on experience and the development of competency based skills while emphasizing management and creativity.
- demonstrate core concepts in baking theory and methodology through hands-on development and sensory analysis of American and European style baking and pastry products.
- illustrate advanced classical and contemporary pastry and confectionery techniques in the planning, development, execution, and evaluation of products, menus, and creative presentations.
- research and distinguish effective restaurant and patisserie operations including sustainable facilities, equipment, and evolving technologies.
- employ leadership and supervision concepts with an emphasis on communication, cultural diversity, and positive guest relations.
- analyze and integrate problem-solving techniques in a professional, ethical, and profitable business environment.