2020-21 housing contracts will be accepted starting at 7 am on February 5, 2020. The 2020-21 housing contract is binding; you are committing to live on campus for the full academic year.
Attention December 2020 graduates, Ford ASSET, HondaPACT, and Mopar CAP students.
If you will be graduating in December 2020 and not returning for the Spring 2021 Semester, you must complete a December Graduate Housing Contract. Students in the Honda PACT, Ford Asset, or Mopar CAP program must complete the Honda PACT/Ford Asset/Chrysler eight week housing contract. These contracts will also be available for returning students starting in February 5, 2020.
To apply for on-campus housing, returning students must complete the following steps:
Step 1: Go to the Student Information System to begin the Housing Contract
- Log in to SIS.
- Select “On-Campus Housing Application/Contract” from the “Housing Information” menu.
- Click on "Returning Student Housing Contract" under the heading "2020/21 Academic Year" located near the bottom of the page. (You may have to scroll to see this.) To view a sample of the full-year housing contract, click on the link below.
- Follow the directions on each screen.
A sample 2020/21 Returning Student Housing Contract will be coming soon.
It is important to realize that you are placing an electronic signature on a legally binding document in which you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions of the contract. One of these terms and conditions is that you are agreeing to live on campus for a full academic year.
Step 2: Determine/modify preferences
- Indicate your living habits such as the time you normally go to bed, your level of cleanliness, the noise level you prefer for studying, if you participate in sports, or if you enjoy watching sports. This information will be visible to other students who are looking for compatible roommates.
- Select either a 10, 14, or 19 meal/week board plan. (A board plan is required for all students living on campus.)
You may modify your preferences until April 6, 2020, by returning to the housing contract page located in SIS.
Step 3: Submit the contract and pay the housing deposit
In order for your contract to be fully processed, you must pay the housing deposit:
- $100 for students currently living on campus
- $200 for students currently living off campus
You will be prompted to pay the deposit with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) at the end of the contract.
If you are unable to pay by credit card, you can pay your deposit by cash, check, or money order in the Residence Life Office (Dauphin Hall, Room 1039) after completing your housing contract. The deposit must be submitted within five business days of submitting your housing contract to hold your housing contract submission date and time.
Step 4: Select an apartment
Once you are of "assigned" status, you may select an apartment during the apartment selection phase of the process. In addition to traditional methods, Penn College offers a roommate matching service through Facebook called RoomSync. Students who apply for on-campus housing and are of "assigned" status will receive an email with a link to access this tool.
- Group Assignment for Groups of Four: Groups of four students who would like to room together are given the option to select an apartment prior to the start of the online selection process. Group of Four Request Forms are available in the Residence Life Office (Dauphin Hall, Room 1039). The deadline for submitting a Group of Four Request Form is April 1, 2020 at 4:30 pm. The form must be signed by all four students who wish to be assigned together and all four students must be of "assigned status" at the time form is submitted. Groups submitting forms to be assigned as a group will have the opportunity to indicate a preference for a particular apartment and building. Groups of four will be assigned prior to the beginning of the open selection period.
- Individual Selection: Students who complete the Returning Student Full Year Housing Contract, pay the housing deposit, and are of "assigned" status will receive an email a few weeks later containing the first available date to select an apartment. Dates are assigned based on the order that the housing contract and housing deposit were paid. Individual apartment selection will occur between April 8 - May 1, 2020. Students who wish to room together, but do not have a complete group of four, must plan on signing into the same apartment. Since all spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis, there is no guarantee that students will be able to find an apartment with enough open spaces to be assigned together.
Students will be able to search for open spaces and also see the names and living habits of those who have already signed up to live in apartments that have open spaces. We encourage students to use this system to find and select compatible roommates. Below are detailed instructions for completing the apartment selection process and the layout of Campus View and The Village so that you can see where the various buildings are located within each complex.
- Detailed instructions for selecting an apartment on the Student Information System
- Complex Layout Campus View
- Complex Layout The Village
Not sure where you want live?
December Graduate and Honda PACT/Ford Asset Housing Contract Process
December Graduate Housing Contract
If you will be graduating in December 2020, you must fill out a December Graduate Housing Contract. (If you graduate in December and complete a Full-Year Housing Contract, you will be billed for the Spring 2021 housing costs.) The housing cost for a December graduate is approximately $250 more per semester than the standard housing rate but gives you the advantage of not being obligated to housing for the Spring 2021 semester. Penn College offers a very limited number of December Graduate Housing Contracts and they will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis. The December Graduate Housing Contract will be available on the Student Information System starting at 7 am on February 5, 2020. Like the other housing contracts, you must submit a deposit for the contract to be complete. The deposit for students currently living on campus is $100 while the deposit for students currently living off campus is $200.
Honda PACT/Ford Asset/Mopar CAP Returning Student Housing Contract
If you are a retuning student in the Honda PACT/Ford Asset/Mopar CAP program, you will most likely need housing for the second eight weeks of both the Fall 2020 semester and the Spring 2021 semester (check with your academic program to make sure your time on campus will coincide with this schedule). A limited number of spaces on campus have been set aside to accommodate Honda PACT/Ford Asset/Mopar CAP students who are on campus for the eight week classes. Spaces are awarded on a first-come first-served basis. This short-term housing contract will be available on the Student Information System beginning at 7 am on February 5, 2020. Like the other housing contracts, you must submit a deposit for the contract to be complete. The deposit for students currently living on-campus is $100 while the deposit for students currently living off-campus is $200.