All Penn College students, faculty, staff, and library members may borrow resources from Madigan Library by presenting a valid Penn College ID card or a current photo ID at the Main Circulation Desk. For specialized information about borrowing please select the group that best describes you.
The Madigan Library offers free community memberships to residents of Lycoming County who are 18 years and older (proof of residency required), to current students, faculty and staff of higher education institutions of the United States, to Penn College alumni, and to persons affiliated with Penn College through current service on a college board.
For anyone interested in becoming a member of the Madigan Library, please complete the online Membership Application.
Most items may be renewed once by borrowers provided no other user has requested the item. Most reserve items may not be renewed. Renewals may be made by phone, in person, or by going to the library catalog online (click Sign In at the top on the right, log in with your PCT credentials, then click on the drop down menu by your name, click on My Account, then click on the Renew button by each item.
Renewed items are subject to recall at any time. Penn College faculty, students, and staff may recall items checked out to a member borrower. Items needed for the Reserves Desk may be recalled immediately.
Overdue, Lost, or Damaged Resources/Equipment
Overdue notices are sent via email once items become overdue. Borrower privileges are suspended for users with overdue accounts. A replacement cost plus processing fee must be paid for any items that are not returned, or are damaged. Holds are placed on student grades at the end of the semester if there are overdue items or unpaid bills . If you have a question regarding a bill or grade hold, contact the Library Circulation Desk, or call 570-320-2400, ext. 7815.
Located at the Main Circulation Desk in Madigan Library, costs are as follow:
- To send - $2.00 for the first page; $1.00 for each additional page.
- To receive - $1.00 for every five pages. The library's fax number is (570) 320-2407
Madigan Library relies on the fair use provisions of Title 17 of the United States Code. Section 107 of the Copyright Act states that fair use of copyrighted materials for teaching, scholarship, and research is permitted. There are four factors to consider in determining fair use:
- The purpose and character of the work
- The nature of the copyrighted work
- The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
- The effect of the use upon the potential market of the copyrighted work
Additional information about copyright can be found on the Copyright and Fair Use portal site.
All copyrighted material will require full citation information for processing for reserves. Copyrighted material placed on reserve must contain a copyright notice regarding further copying. In cases where copyright permission is not available, alternatives will be offered to the instructor whenever possible. In addition, access to copyrighted material is restricted by providing password protection for electronic reserve material. Materials will be made available in both print format and electronically in accordance with current copyright laws.
Circulating resources may be returned at the Main Circulation Desk, the College Avenue Circulation Desk, the book drop outside the College Avenue entrance, or the book drop inside the ACC building. Media materials must be returned to one of the circulation services desks or they may be dropped off at the book drop inside the ACC building. Do not return media materials in the outside book return. The resulting damage caused to the materials will result in a replacement fee.
Items Available on Reserve
- Cell phone chargers
- Mouse and power cords
- Computer speakers
- TI-84 calculators
- Portable DVD players
- Digital cameras
- Digital camcorders
- VGA cables
- HDMI cables
- Stereo cables
- Ethernet cables
- Portable CD players
- Digital voice recorders
- Camera tripods
- XBOX One
- Military CAC readers (military personnel can utilize their ID card and PIN that they were issued in basic training to get orders and/or check email on Reference computers.)
- MP3 players
- Drafting tables (Alvin 20" x 26" Parallel Straightedge Drafting Boards)
- Portable projectors
- Dry erase markers
- USB memory card readers
Assistive Technology Equipment on Reserve
- Laptops with assistive technology, including JAWS, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally-Speaking, Kurzweil 3000
- Keyboard and mouse gel wrist supports
- Track ball mouse
- Headset with audio and mic switch
- Remote for Sorenson Video Relay (located in LIB114)
Computers and Other Equipment
- More than 100 computers in two computer labs
- Wireless laptops for in-library student use (include Microsoft Office® and Internet access)
- Black and white copiers located on the first and second floors
- Fax machine (incoming faxes will be discarded if not claimed within 30 days) located at the Main Circulation Desk
- Desktop scanners located on the first and second floors
Begin message with askmadigan
(standard rates apply)