A Message from the Board of Directors Chair on the Presidential Search
We have had a vibrant leader at the helm of Pennsylvania College of Technology for the past 23 years, one who has guided this institution through a period of robust expansion and dynamic innovation.
Under the direction of President Davie Jane Gilmour, Penn College has become a national leader in applied technology education, producing graduates with the skills and know-how to excel in the essential occupations that drive the global workforce. Our focus on in-person instruction and hands-on learning has enhanced our reputation among industry-leading employers, who covet our real-world-ready students whenever there are positions to be filled.
We have known this day was coming. Now, our charge will be to identify a successor who will build upon a foundation, forging a new path that further enhances our unique role in higher education while continuing to honor our mission and values.
In mid-May, the Penn College Board established a Presidential Search Committee with representation from board members, faculty, administration, and the student body. This committee has been charged to define its process in as transparent and inclusive a manner as possible – but also with the proviso that confidentiality will be critical to attracting the strongest pool of candidates. We will encourage and gather input from faculty, staff, students, alumni, and local community leaders. We expect to hire an executive search firm, which will facilitate this process and keep us on track to bring a new leader on board before President Gilmour’s official retirement on June 30, 2022.
The details of this process are forthcoming. This site will be updated frequently to include communications for the latest developments, information about the Presidential Search Committee and the executive search firm, revisions to the search timeline, and additional resources.
Senator Gene Yaw
Chairman, Pennsylvania College of Technology Board of Directors
- May 13, 2021 - President announces retirement, launches Legacy Campaign
- June 1, 2021 - Presidential Search Website Launch
- June 1, 2021 - Presidential Search Committee named
- June 1, 2021 - RFP for Presidential Search Consultant released
- July 26, 2021 - Faculty vacancy on Presidential Search Committee filled
- July 29, 2021 - Storbeck Search retained as Presidential Search Consultant
- August 30, 2021 - Formal prospectus advertising the Presidential Search released
- October 25, 2021 - Presidential Search Update, Campus Memo
- November 15, 2021 - Presidential Search Update, Campus Memo
Building a Strong Pool of Candidates
Now through September 2021
Narrowing the Field
October through December 2021
Selecting and Announcing Our New President
January through June 2022
The new president will assume office in July 1, 2022.
Sen. Gene YawChaIrman, Board of Directors
Dr. Blannie E. BowenDirector, Board of Directors
Mr. Abraham HarpsterDirector, Board of Directors
Mr. Steve JohnsonDirector, Board of Directors
Dr. Thomas E. AskProfessor, Industrial Design, Faculty
Dr. John F. ChappoAssistant Professor, History / History of Technology, Faculty
Mr. Arthur L. CountermanINSTRUCTOR, Electrical Technologies & Occupations, Faculty
Mr. Ryan P. GoodAssistant Professor, Welding, Faculty
Ms. Tushanna M. HabalarAssistant Professor, Nursing Programs, Faculty
Mr. John D. MaizeInstructor, Speech Communication/Composition, Faculty
Ms. Mary Jo SaxeAssociate Professor, Dental Hygiene, Faculty
Ms. Joanna K. FlynnDean of Curriculum & Instruction, Administration
Mr. Patrick MartyChief of Staff, Administration
Ms. Shannon M. MunroVice President for Workforce Development, Administration
Ms. Suzanne T. StopperSenior Vice President for Finance/CFO, Administration
Dr. Bradley M. WebbDean, School of Engineering Technologies, Administration
Mr. Robert A. LunaSGA President, Student
Ms. Hillary E. HofstromEx Officio, Vice President for Human Resources, Administration
- Official Presidential Search Prospectus
- Penn College Facts and Figures
- Academics at Penn College
- Workforce Development at Penn College
- Penn College Mission
- Life at Penn College
- Athletics at Penn College
- Penn College Admissions
- Penn College Senior Leadership
- Penn College Human Resources
- Penn College COVID-19 Response
- College Relations (comprising the Penn College Foundation, Alumni Relations, Career Services, Corporate Relations and Donor Relations)
- Penn College News
Official Presidential Search Prospectus
Penn College is pleased to share the formal prospectus advertising the search for our eighth president.
Nominations and Expressions of Interest
nominations and expressions of interest should be sent to PennCollegePresident@StorbeckSearch.com.