Important Dining Services Information
- All dining plans will end at the close of business on Friday, Dec. 8.
Students should visit the Dining Services portal page for end-of-semester dining unit closure times.
- If your student has a declining balance plan and is returning in the spring, the balance will roll over to the Spring semester.
- Spring dining plans will begin on Saturday, Jan. 6.
- Saturday, Jan. 6 - Capitol Eatery, 4 – 7:30 p.m.; Fuel, 4 – 8 p.m.; Wildcat Express, 1:30 – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 7 - Regular dining unit hours begin
- Monday, Jan. 15 - Capitol Eatery, 10 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.; Fuel, 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Wildcat Express, 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. All other units closed.
Contact us with your questions about dining plans or dining unit hours. (Our office will be closed from noon on Friday, Dec. 15 until Tuesday, Jan. 2.)
Residence Hall Break Closing Information
Winter Break (between Fall and Spring semesters)
Saturday, December 9 – Residence Halls close at 10 a.m. for all students or 24 hours after a student’s last final exam (whichever comes first). No one will be permitted to stay over the break or return to the Residence Halls prior to the day the Halls reopen in January.
Students may leave items in their Residence Hall room during Winter Break; however, students should take care of the following to best secure their personal items and to make their apartment ready for new roommates in January.
- Items left: Each student should leave all items in one area of the room/apartment and labeled. (For example, items could be left on the resident’s bed and desk.) Students should communicate with their Resident Assistant as to where in the apartment their belongings are being placed because sometimes occupancy unexpectedly changes over the break and students moving into an apartment need to know where the open space is located.
- Items not to leave: Money, jewelry, small electronic equipment, and other small valuables.
- Cleaning: Students need to clean their apartment prior to leaving for break. During the final week of the semester, Resident Ass¬¬istants will meet with each room/apartment to complete a closing agreement. During this process, room/apartment mates develop a plan for cleaning the apartment prior to leaving at the end of the semester.
Saturday, January 6 – Residence Halls open at 10 a.m. for returning students.
2018/19 On-Campus Housing Application Process
The 2018/19 on-campus housing application process for current students begins on Jan. 31. Look for additional information in the mail regarding this process or visit the Residence Life website.
Place your order for textbooks and educational supplies online starting Dec. 15.
You may pay with any available student funds or credit card. Orders will be processed when the College reopens on Jan. 2 and available for pickup that weekend. No delivery options are available during that time.
Student Leader Staff Selection
Dear Penn College Family and Friends,
Do you remember those energetic, knowledgeable Connections Links? How about meeting your student’s Resident Assistant on move-in day? What about the student who toured you around campus during your visit? It is our student leaders who have the power to make a lasting impression and impact on new and incoming students. Now your student has the chance to join the Penn College team through a variety of student leadership positions!
Applications are currently available on the Student Activities myPCT portal site (students must be logged into myPCT) for students to apply for the following openings:
- Community Peer Educator
- Connections Link
- Presidential Student Ambassador
- Resident Assistant
- Student Development Assistant
We have found that most students who become Penn College student leaders grow, develop, and take away an experience that is “life changing!” Applications are due by Thursday, Feb. 1. While your student is home this winter break, take the time to discuss whether one of these positions may be a good fit.
Leadership experience is not required; encourage your student to apply for one or more of these exciting job opportunities.
Want to stay connected with other Penn College Parents and Families?
Join the conversation on Facebook!