College Hosts 'Discover Engineering Technology' Camp
The School of Industrial and Engineering Technologies held a camp for 20 ninth- and 10th-grade students June 11-13. Campers were introduced to a variety of engineering technology careers by providing: information on engineering technology careers, hands-on workshops, tours of engineering facilities and an opportunity to network with current Penn College students and faculty.
Engineering Technology careers explored during the camp include:
- Civil Engineering and Surveying Technology
- Drafting and CAD Technology
- Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Plastics and Polymer Engineering Technology
- Welding Technology
Hands-on workshops included: injection molding flying disks, designing paperclips using AutoCAD software, practicing mig welding and hand-held plasma cutting, operation of a fiber optic fusion splicer, mixing and measuring concrete samples, and manufacturing demonstrations.